PDA

View Full Version : Leaf clean-up Question

SidelinePropMgr
11-09-2005, 12:30 AM
I have a large leaf job at an apartment community. I am blowing the leaves with my echo backpack blowers. The piles have become large and I have ended up making large piles throughout the complex. I need to get the leaves to the curbline (approx. 50 yds.). My piles are 3 to 4 fee deep and30 feet across.

I anticipate on renting a bobcat and moving the leaves to the curbline. any other ideas or an easier way to do the job?

o-so-n-so
11-09-2005, 12:47 AM
If you have no equipment for leaf removal...just get a large tarp and a helper. You definatly don't need a SS loader to just move leaves.

nocutting
11-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Far more productive than a BK or rakes and a tarp?.....look on e-bay, I got 2 and 8hp lesco for $175 and a little older little wonder 11 hp for $142, if you dont already have a leaf loader, find another landscaper who'll come in on a sat or sunday to lift those curbside piles for you...........:waving:

BSDeality
11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
dont use a skid steer, you'll tear the grounds.

I purchased a leaf plow by JRCO to mount to my zero turn mower. I use it as soon as the piles get over 2'.

snap12.5
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
dont use a skid steer, you'll tear the grounds.

I purchased a leaf plow by JRCO to mount to my zero turn mower. I use it as soon as the piles get over 2'.

Yeah use that Stander and hook up a leaf plow to it and you will be alright. With the Stander, you can get into pretty tight areas.

ProLawns
11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Rake them on to a huge tarp and with a rope tied to the front corners of the tarp hook it to your mower and pull it to the curb.

Runner
11-11-2005, 08:18 PM
EXACTLY! There you go. THIS is how you move that many leaves THAT far. Actually, I would almost be tempted to mow over them one time, as this will allow you to get ALT more leaves on per tarp. They will also stay at the curb better without blowing (they pack better).

Guthrie&Co
11-11-2005, 09:30 PM
i place a vote for the leaf plow but thr rope with a mower will get you though until you can get the plow