PDA

View Full Version : heavy duty tools

Totally Stumped
11-09-2005, 09:31 PM
I recently purchased a Ludell axe from HD and the blade bent on the FIRST blow. No, I didn't miss and hit a rock or something else equally hard-it was steel on wood and the wood (a ligustrum stump) won.
I have had it with cheap, light duty garden tools! Shame on me for buying from a home improvement mega store!
Here's my wish list: axe, pick mattock, sledge hammer, plastic grain shovel (I think you call them snow shovels up north) and a maul that will stand up to heavy duty commercial use. I need commercial grade stuff, the heavier, the better. I need to be able to look at the stuff online and have it shipped to me.
Thanks!

gqnine44
11-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I like A.M. Leonard. They may not everything you listed but they have high quality stuff

www.amleonard.com

PSUturf
11-13-2005, 06:39 PM
A.M. Leonard. Forestry Supply. Ben Meadows.

Lawnworks
11-13-2005, 09:42 PM
I bought a few all metal shovel at Lowe's by Fiskars for $25. I love those things. We break fiberglass ones as well as wood.

I think it is funny if you read some of the warranties on "commercial grade" spades, axes, etc. They say commercial grade w/ lifetime warranty, but in fine print say that the warranty only applies to homeowner use. What a contradiction.

rookiemower
11-13-2005, 10:44 PM
lawnworks i got fiskers like that for $3 each when sears stopped selling them. normally :cool2: $25

Lawnworks
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Wow... I would have cleared them out! How many did you get? I really love those shovels.

orionkf
11-14-2005, 01:38 AM
I'd love a pair of indestructable post hole diggers. I started getting the all steel ones by Fiskars, and the first couple took forever to break. After that, I seemed to go through them like nothing. I had one where the weld broke on the very first hole I dug. It's a shame because I really like the Fiskars, all welded, no nuts to work lose or anything. Any fence contractors have any recommendations??