PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Removal Box Construction

TScapes
11-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Just curious how some of you construct your leaf removal rigs. I have seen some people convert their open trailers into giant boxes or even mini hoop houses with tarps or shade cloth. For the last couple of years, we have converted our bed on one of our 450's into a giant box by building it out of 2x4's and plywood. This gets cumbersome, but works great since we have a dump bed on it. I was just looking for some other ideas this year for an additional truck.

Any inventions work for some of you?

scaper27
11-15-2005, 07:50 PM
We build ours with 2x4's and plywood. Easy to remove and put back on next year.

Birdjr
11-23-2005, 10:04 PM
we had ours built out of canvas wit metal hoops works excellent on our f450 giving us at least another 4 yard capacity plus teh tarp is custum so its on ther tight.

LB1234
11-23-2005, 11:46 PM
check another thread I posted on...I think its in truck/trailers sections. Its a pdf attachment that shows our setup.

ztrguy
11-24-2005, 06:18 PM
So when you make a leaf box do you make it air tight? Do you have any blowout of the box where it's not air tight? Or do you want some air to blow out? I was thinking making a section of mine with mesh to release some of the air if it's necessary? How do you all build your leaf box?

SeacoastDesignsL&L
11-24-2005, 08:13 PM
mines made out of 2x4 and plywood on a dump insert works just fine and is easy take apart for storage. You def want some areae on the top of the box to vent out mines just a 3x4 square cut out covered with chicken wire the more horse power the vac the more vent space.

scaper27
11-24-2005, 10:48 PM
So when you make a leaf box do you make it air tight? Do you have any blowout of the box where it's not air tight? Or do you want some air to blow out? I was thinking making a section of mine with mesh to release some of the air if it's necessary? How do you all build your leaf box?
on the top of mine pictured in the earlier post, I only covered 6 ft back from the front with plywood. The rest is covered with an asphalt tarp which acts as a screen to air it out. Even the back is open just above the doors,