PDA

View Full Version : ICPI Certification

Jamesgateslandscaping
11-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Took my ICPI certification yesturday and today, great experience, took me and one of my guys. I would like to thank Genest Concrete for hosting it. Very useful information and hope to be able to sell, estimate and install patios better now, I gotta wait 30 days though to see if I passed. The instructors were great, with many years in the business. One of the instructors Russ, owns a company in Detriot, does nothing but hardscapes, 12 crews, 5 sales guys, plus support staff, does $5mil/year in business, has installed over 4000 patios, just the wealth of information he had to offer was amazing. Bill owns a smaller company locally and does VERY well also with 3 crews, 25% softscapes, 75% hardscape. Genest will also be offering Wall certification and water feature certification during this winter also;) , can't wait to go to those.
Thanks Guys
James

Rex Mann
11-11-2005, 10:09 PM
James,

Great to hear you had a great time and learned a few things. I know Russ Hiteman, he is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the industry. And, he is a great instructor.

Peace,

Rex

http://arizonapavers.com

Scag52inch
11-17-2005, 04:59 PM
How much did you know / how experienced were you going into the class???

Jamesgateslandscaping
11-21-2005, 12:51 PM
I had some, but not a lot. They teach you EVERYTHING you will need to know, its very useful.
Thanks
James

mcwlandscaping
11-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Wow, i really wish i could have gone to that. Glad you got alot out of it.

GreenMonster
11-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey James,

Glad it was a good experience for you. I had planned on attending that particular class as well, but held off cuz I have so much left to do. Now, I'll have to go to one of the ICPI courses in Mass over the winter.

Instead, I was at the Genest plant the days of the course, picking up block. :rolleyes:

Pass along any info you get on the wall classes.

cleancutccl
11-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Greenmonster,

Which class are you planning on? I'm planning on going to the last one in February, if it doesn't snow here. Maybe I'll meet up with you there.

GreenMonster
11-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Greenmonster,

Which class are you planning on? I'm planning on going to the last one in February, if it doesn't snow here. Maybe I'll meet up with you there.

Whoa, hold on their cheif.... you're in Kansas?

I'll probably hit a class in Massachusetts. I assume you'll also find one in your neck of the woods. Good luck!

Jamesgateslandscaping
11-26-2005, 10:08 PM
I PASSED MY CERTIFICATION!!! I got my papers and certificate today:D
James

cleancutccl
11-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Actually on their website it lists nothing closer to me than michigan for that time frame. If there is a class closer to me please let me know before I pay the money for the one in Mass.