PDA

View Full Version : Gutters and fall Clean up

All Seasons lawn care llc
11-11-2005, 09:18 PM
I am just curious what everyone charges in Michigan for gutter clean out. We have been pretty busy this fall with fall clean ups and winterizing flower beds. Recently we have had a lot people asking for gutters. I am just curious with our prices. Fall clean ups start at 200.00 a property and flower beds are 50.00 an hour with the wife out there. Please let me know if these prices are industry standard. I don't want to labeled as a low baller. Fall clean ups with our equipment takes myself me 2-3 hours. I have a 95% succecess rate with my proposals I am just concern that I am taking other LCO's jobs and their contracts for next year. I have talked to numerous residents and they say that their lawn company doesn't do any fall clean ups.. that is crazy with all the money you can make. I just started doing lawns in August and I love it!!!

Runner
11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
We're at about 50 cents a foot, but something tells me that you could get more down where you're at.

stumper1620
11-11-2005, 10:01 PM
I am just curious what everyone charges in Michigan for gutter clean out. We have been pretty busy this fall with fall clean ups and winterizing flower beds. Recently we have had a lot people asking for gutters. I am just curious with our prices. Fall clean ups start at 200.00 a property and flower beds are 50.00 an hour with the wife out there. Please let me know if these prices are industry standard. I don't want to labeled as a low baller. Fall clean ups with our equipment takes myself me 2-3 hours. I have a 95% succecess rate with my proposals I am just concern that I am taking other LCO's jobs and their contracts for next year. I have talked to numerous residents and they say that their lawn company doesn't do any fall clean ups.. that is crazy with all the money you can make. I just started doing lawns in August and I love it!!!
depends on what equipment you are using and what overhead you have to know if you are priced right, your cost and what you feel your labor is worth is what matters. it would'nt be right to expect 100 an hour if you show up with a lawn tractor and a rake.
I personally do not go near gutters, My insurance doesn't allow my feet higher than the mower platform.

stumper1620
11-11-2005, 10:07 PM
We're at about 50 cents a foot, but something tells me that you could get more down where you're at.
never mind

Runner
11-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Down there, you also have alot more newer developments that have those stupid style roofs with a 60 degree pitch on them / with several peaks. If you take a 2 story 3600 sq. ft. home, that gives you around 45x40, which is 170 ft. Now, I've heard of people getting a dollar a ft., but I would be hard pressed to find anyone who will pay $170 to have their gutters cleaned as part of a fall cleanup. (That's not to say it couldn't happen). Now, if you charged them around $100, then that would be right around 60 cents a ft..
Most of our jobs are a simple pitch that allow us to just walk along with the backpack and shake the stuff out. At 50 cents, we make a killing.

Runner
11-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Joe,
am I right in figuring you get 75 bucks for a 15000 sq ft lawn?

For..........?

stumper1620
11-11-2005, 10:17 PM
For..........?
you answered it on the last post. I missed the .50 as being per gutter ft.
sitting here straining my brain trying to figure that one out. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Runner
11-11-2005, 11:30 PM
LOL I wasn't sure - what you meant. I know it doesn't go by the size of the lawn...but the size of the house. (And a little bit of what kind of car they drive). You know how SOME of these develpoers are. They try to cram as many lots into a sub as possible, resulting in these huge houses built on lots that you can hear the neighbors toilet flush. That's what I want! A 3/4 million dollar house on a trailer park porportioned lot.Yep. My kinda living. Somewhere where the Millers can look out and see the Johnsons through their back yard are having company over for a bar b q, the Smith's are across the street working on their flowers. The Jones(es) are entertaining while Mr. Jones is washing his car, and of course, there's always Mrs. Cransdayle.......such a sweet old lady. Yep...my kinda living.

All Seasons lawn care llc
11-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks for your help this site is awesome a lot of good guys out there. I have a dozen more clean ups left and three inches of snow today in Michigan. We were working in snow today but next week hopefully a warm up. I just got my first commercial account today. I started my company 4 months ago I have 30 resident and 1 commercial account for next year am I doing alright??? Thanks again

Joey bag a' donuts
11-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Where are you at in michigan ALL SEASONS? Were out in north macomb, Rochester area. South east michigan, just north of Detroit.