PDA

View Full Version : start thinking about next year

T-Trim
11-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I know the part of the forum is dead right now. But I was hoping to get ideas on what you guys do to prepare for next season.

WFMJenny
11-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Exactly what are you referencing preparing for? Advertising, new products, expansion? There are so many different things you could be preparing for.

jasonnau
11-14-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm really, really, really looking forward to not thinking about much of anything for awhile. I'll start thinking about next season sometime in early February.

T-Trim
11-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Well to narrow it down. Do any of you guys stock trees and any other green material? How about new prices on hard goods? I know the price has gone up on just about everything. What about the guys running plant stock and annual goods what do you do to set your self up for next year?

WFMJenny
11-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I do not deal with any greenery. I have already started to re-design price lists for 2006 and will start entering new prices as soon as we receive them from our supllier, usually sometime in January.

nocutting
11-17-2005, 07:38 PM
I know the part of the forum is dead right now. But I was hoping to get ideas on what you guys do to prepare for next season.
Cant wait for the season to be over:cool2: ...............I'm looking at getting bare root perennials as my stock plants for next year Qts and gal's......I luv to be able to plant a 3-season flower garden at any time of the year.....I like to think of myself as a "Plantscaper", after all the major landscapeing has been done I do the finishing touchs, sort of like the iceing on the cake......I've already selected 35 different perennials, spring,summer,fall & sun & shade with a total of 2500 plants.....I'm verrrry excited, will be putting up my 1st greenhouse as well, looking at an ijecter feeding system as well as an automatic type irragation.......................And than Winer Fun:waving:

K.Carothers
11-20-2005, 01:57 PM
I don't have a nursery or supply yard but I got a great deal on some tree's and shrubs from a nursery that is closing(owner retiring).
Check this out
280 arbs 3'-4'
60 dogwoods 4'-5'
I paid $2000 for all and the owner said I can keep them at the nursery for next year(He lives their)
I already did a arb job 60 and another job for 12

This guy is 85 and still works everyday. He even helped us dig/burlap the arbs. He works better than some of the 20ish workers that I had. He also has given me a wealth of information.