PDA

View Full Version : Need axle codes for S-10 and parts swap questions

Alan
03-26-2001, 11:56 PM
I just bought a 91 S-Blazer as a parts donor for my two S-10 pickups. I'm looking at stripping it down and keeping everything that is common to the Blazer and pickup versions. I'd really like to know the codes for axle ratios. Both my pickups are 3.42 gears, and I'm hoping the Blazer is as well. If not I can still use the axles, just have to swap them both. On another tack completely, the Blazer has the digital dash and I've always thought those looked cool. Anybody every switch a digital dash into a rig with analog guages? I'd like to think that the differences are all in the cluster itself and that it would be a plug in swap. Any chance I'll get lucky on that? The blazer is 4 wheel ABS, I'm hoping the calipers and hubs/rotors are the same as my non ABS pickups.

John DiMartino
03-27-2001, 01:08 AM
Alan-in the glovebox the codes for 3.42 are GU6,Gu4 is 3.08,and gt4 is 3.73.its should have 3.42's.Ill tell you this,all the brakes on my 84 S10 pickup are the exact same ones on the 95 4 dr Blazer,I checked them myself,so the 92's blazer's should be the same.My Pickup is a 5150 GVWR-the blazer is a 5300 GVWr.The blazer has 4wABS-the 84 has none at all.

Alan
03-27-2001, 10:30 AM
Thanks, John.

plowking35
03-27-2001, 06:27 PM
Just spoke with my s-10 guru, here is the poop. The 91 blazer should have Rear ABS only with the a large helson himes control unit on the drivers side inner wheel well.
Other than that the parts should interchange.
As for the dash, he suggested swapping the entire dash from door to door. Just unbolt and unplug the harness at the fuse block, and then reinstall in the pick up. If the blzer as p/w and p/dl, those are separate smaller harnesses that plug into the fuse block, and can be eliminated. He wasnt positive but a few sending units may have to be swapped to match the digital dash.
Dino

John DiMartino
03-27-2001, 06:57 PM
Alan,you ddint say if it was a 2 or 4 dr,all 4 doors have 4 WABS,the 2 doors ahd RWAL until 92.If you swap the dash-remember the digital dash does burn out eventually on those trucks-about 180-300 for a new dash-just though you should know.If you have no A/c in yours,and the 91 has A/c,the heater box or controls will have to be changed too,to keep the air doors working right-if they both have it-no problem.