PDA

View Full Version : angles

logan
11-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Has anyone ever gotten their mower stuck on the back edge of their trailer when the ramp was down? I have to do a little wheelie to get my mower on and off the trailer. i have an enclosed one and I have just ripped the trim piece off of the door. I have the deck up all the way, but the angle is too much.

lawnmaniac883
11-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Make the ramp a two piece. Have another piece that folds down just before the existing one hits the ground. Or, put a 2x4 under the ramp to ease the approach and departure angle. What kind of mower? Have you tried pushing the foot assist ALL the way up when loading and unloading? Sometimes they have a little play in the.

logan
11-13-2005, 08:01 PM
I was just doing a search on the subject and saw that alot of people extend the gate or raise the front of the trailer at the ball mount. I think that will work for the back. I wonder about the side ramp door then. It has the same problem. I had it built on the left front side. My backyard mower comes out that side and seeing that it is a Stander, I can't lift the front end without a wheelie. I will try the 2x4 under the end of the door. Maybe I will left the wood get scraped away as far as it needs to be for that mower to fit and then protect it with Line-X or something. That is, unless someone else has another idea.

stevesmowing
11-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I have a 2x4 under the gate and have the front of the trailer a little higher. Also look at tire size. If you have a 205-75-R15 look at putting maybe 195-70. The first number is the width in mm. and the 2nd is the aspect ratio, and the last is the diameter. For example the overall height of a 205-75-R15 tire is...

205/25.4 mil meters per inch = 8.07"

Then take 8.07 x .75 = 6.05

Take 6.05 x 2 = 12.1

add 15

get 27.1"

I think changing the height on the receiver is your best bet though.