PDA

View Full Version : Harley Power Rake

JQLC
11-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Thinking about purchasing a Harley Power Rake. Never used one but have heard some cool things about them. I currentley have a power tiller (5ft) for my tractor. Does anyone have any advice or info on them. Thanks to all

DUSTYCEDAR
11-16-2005, 07:52 PM
i have 1 for sale
they work great a real time saver

impactlandscaping
11-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't think there's anything better for finishing a lawn after spreading topsoil. We have even used it to pull down and grind up a 15 ton pile of frozen soil in the middle of January. For renovations, it works OK, but really shines on open, exposed soil. If you seed yards for a living, you need to look into getting one.

AintNoFun
11-16-2005, 08:18 PM
we've rented one a bunch of times for our skidsteer what an awesome attachment. i've run down small shrubs with them as well. lol... on the top of our list to buy when we start back up in the spring.

tiedeman
11-17-2005, 06:23 AM
i have 1 for sale

Why are you selling it?

brownsallseasonlandscape
12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Ive heard that old gravel drives can be made new again. We have also used one several times and it is the only way to go. At one job we used a box tiller like you are talking about and spent the next two days raking and breaking up clods. A Harley Rake is the only way to go.

tractrpowr45
12-13-2005, 11:57 AM
When you use a Harley rake it windrows the debris to one side or the other,
correct? Then you still have to pick up all the trash from a new lawn. Do you keep making passes back and forth until you combine all the windrows into one big pile and then pick it up with a loader? I would like to know how other landscapers operate a harley because I intend on using one in the spring.
The harley rake website claims you can do a lawn in thirty minutes. Any input would be helpful.:blob4:

DUSTYCEDAR
12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Why are you selling it?
i dont do site prep anymore

allinearth
12-13-2005, 10:20 PM
30 min may be a bit of a stretch. Time depends on all kinds of variables. I will wind row or rake debris to the end of where I am working. All depends on how much debris there is. Once you get a power rake you will wonder how you did without it. I have had many people stop in the street to watch me. Neighbors always seem to make their way over to watch. There is some technique. I'd say if you are a fairly good operator it will take about 4 hrs to get it down.

David Grass
12-14-2005, 09:01 AM
How does a Sidewinder power rake compare to a Harley rake. You can see a video at www.turfteq.com

DUSTYCEDAR
12-14-2005, 10:49 AM
same concept but it doesent look as heavy duty as a harley

GreenMonster
12-14-2005, 11:11 AM
i have 1 for sale

Dusty,

PM me with condition of unit, age, size, and price. Thanks.

Back on topic, when I rented one for the first time this year, it was to prep about 1 acre. We had a real wet spring, and it took me a while to get to this prop. When I pulled up, the weeds and grass were 1-2' high. I was pretty nervous, not knowing how the machine would perform. It did phenomanal! Totally pulverized everything and literally created a perfect seedbed in one pass -- just as advertised. Great unit.

brownsallseasonlandscape
12-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Has anyone actually looked at the turf teq in person or run one i was wondering about it my self. We are limited on capital a lot of times and this would allow us to use a smaller truck and trailer combo to do our work a least on the small jobs.

SWD
12-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Do a search on for the PBR here at this site.
I have posted at length several times about my PBR/Tractor set up.
Or call me if you want.
830-305-0339
Steve

BenFPR
02-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Has anyone actually looked at the turf teq in person or run one i was wondering about it my self. We are limited on capital a lot of times and this would allow us to use a smaller truck and trailer combo to do our work a least on the small jobs.

BUMP!

I am also very interested if anybody has used this machine. We have 2 Skid-Steer harleys and looking to get one for the John Deere loaders.

A walk-behind model would suit us well.........

DiyDave
02-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I have a 4' fixed angle Harley rake mounted on ASV RC30. This is a phenomanal combination! It moves so fast you wonder how you got along without it. I don't need to windrow th debris on most jobs, just push it towards the woods or bury it. The ASV also floats real well on soft ground, and doesn't damage asphalt drives. Once you drive the ASV you'll leave wheel tractors sit!

Lawnworks
02-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I have a 4' fixed angle Harley rake mounted on ASV RC30. This is a phenomanal combination! It moves so fast you wonder how you got along without it. I don't need to windrow th debris on most jobs, just push it towards the woods or bury it. The ASV also floats real well on soft ground, and doesn't damage asphalt drives. Once you drive the ASV you'll leave wheel tractors sit!

I have a 4" harley rake for my tracked dingo as well. I also have a 72" Cat brand harley rake for a skid. I have never ever seen anything finish grade a lawn as smooth as my little 4' harley rake. I guess the teeth are closer together than the 72"... I haven't measured, but this thing will get a lawn smoother than a baby's butt. I never windrow unless I need to pull dirt up against a curb. I just pull all the debris to one end and then dispose of it.

salandscape
02-02-2007, 05:51 PM
How deep does the rake till to? Anyone who uses one, how do they compare to a landscape rake/ rock hound? Haven't been real impressed with these in the past and will try he harley this year. I would assume that you can till compost into the soil with the harley?

Lawnworks
02-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I think the harley will till 4-6".