PDA

View Full Version : newest project completed

befnme
11-16-2005, 08:07 PM
we did a sod job across the street and landed this scape . here is a before pic .

befnme
11-16-2005, 08:11 PM
another before pic

befnme
11-16-2005, 08:12 PM
half complete

befnme
11-16-2005, 08:14 PM
complete all but a little clean up .

befnme
11-16-2005, 08:16 PM
this is the last one i have we didnt get a whole house view somehow .

tiedeman
11-16-2005, 08:19 PM
looks good. Keep up the good work

befnme
11-16-2005, 08:24 PM

LA LAWNS
11-16-2005, 08:30 PM
What are those tiny little green things sticking up out of the mulch?

befnme
11-16-2005, 08:39 PM
What are those tiny little green things sticking up out of the mulch?

they are called " dwarf mondo grass " or ophiopogon japonicus 'nana'

tiedeman
11-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I thought they were boxwoods

Bulletproof
11-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Maybe it's just me, but landscaping always seems to make a house look newer. With those original shrubs it looked for example 10 years old, but with the new landscaping it looks like it's only a few years old. Maybe I'm crazy :dizzy:

Great work befnme!

befnme
11-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Maybe it's just me, but landscaping always seems to make a house look newer. With those original shrubs it looked for example 10 years old, but with the new landscaping it looks like it's only a few years old. Maybe I'm crazy :dizzy:

Great work befnme!

thanks , actually the lady said when she built her house there 18 years ago it was a cow pasture so she planted those boxwoods then . man were they big . as for the things in the rock yes there are dwarf boxwoods but also mondo for filler behind them .

Green-Pro
11-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Looks great, gotta say I'm not a big fan of rock though. I had a customer insisited on rock...Yuck!! we put it in.

Border looks super, glad to see that, can't stand when a client all of a sudden puckers up and decides to go without border, usually end up going back to install. Hasn't happened more than once but once is definitely enough.

Great job keep it up and word will travel!! :waving:

northwest lawn
11-16-2005, 11:05 PM
very nice work......keep it up

PurpHaze
11-17-2005, 12:01 AM
It really opened up the front of the house. Clean look right now.

tiedeman
11-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Looks great, gotta say I'm not a big fan of rock though. I had a customer insisited on rock...Yuck!! we put it in.

Border looks super, glad to see that, can't stand when a client all of a sudden puckers up and decides to go without border, usually end up going back to install. Hasn't happened more than once but once is definitely enough.

Great job keep it up and word will travel!! :waving:

I love rock up here. I always try to convince the customer in installing drain tile stone for the beds. Makes things easier for me to blow things out of hte beds when pruning shrubs, and spring/fall clean ups as well as lawn maintenance. With mulch, it just comes right out

LB1234
11-17-2005, 09:42 PM
I love rock up here. I always try to convince the customer in installing drain tile stone for the beds. Makes things easier for me to blow things out of hte beds when pruning shrubs, and spring/fall clean ups as well as lawn maintenance. With mulch, it just comes right out

ahhhh....but you don't get paid every spring to replace the mulch...that is why mulch (i.e. non-organic) is not as good as an organic mulch

PurpHaze
11-17-2005, 10:31 PM
ahhhh....but you don't get paid every spring to replace the mulch...that is why mulch (i.e. non-organic) is not as good as an organic mulch

Gotta have that "engineered replacement" value. :D

sheshovel
11-17-2005, 11:13 PM
UUUUhhhhh,ummm,uh oh....all I can say is that I am not going to say what I want to say because when I do that..everybody hates me.
Good job ,looks much better without the old foundation plantings..thats all I am gonna say

ProLawns
11-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Looks good but I would have used larger shrubs to give it a more mature look. Just my opinion.

PurpHaze
11-18-2005, 09:45 AM
UUUUhhhhh,ummm,uh oh....all I can say is that I am not going to say what I want to say because when I do that..everybody hates me.
Good job ,looks much better without the old foundation plantings..thats all I am gonna say

C'mon shedevil, I mean sheshovel... tell us what you REALLY think. :D

olderthandirt
11-18-2005, 10:04 AM
The plants look like they were from a landscape design software program.
Not real.

LA LAWNS
11-18-2005, 11:39 AM
i think those a computer generated too. you could have made them bigger.

Dirty Water
11-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Those aren't computer generated, they are just small cheap shrubs.

Heres what I think.

Too flat
Don't like the border
No anchor plants
Rock mulch :cry:
Spacing is too far apart for such small plants
Washed out colors, though that could be the camera, The border is the same color as the mulch, not enough contrast.

I understand you were probably working on a very limited budget, Still, if you substituted that border for a natural edge you would have saved enough to get a few large plants in there.

This is constructive criticism. The install was done well, the design....not my cup of tea. Don't take it hard.

Jon

PurpHaze
11-18-2005, 10:55 PM
i think those a computer generated too. you could have made them bigger.

I think they're real also... at least they looked real in an imaging program. :D

sheshovel
11-18-2005, 11:56 PM
AND why diden't you sell them a walk or path to the front steps?I would have started there.

Green-Pro
11-19-2005, 08:42 AM
AND why diden't you sell them a walk or path to the front steps?I would have started there.

Excellent point sheshovel, missed an opportunity to upsell there on a high profit project.

YardPro
11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
on my pc they also look fake

the larger shrubs are too close to the house.. the third pic on the right.. the lg shrub looks like it is up against the house

Envision
11-22-2005, 09:18 PM
I agree the plants look too small, however we don't know what the budget was like for this project. The plants do look fake, but you can tell they were just watered by the darkness of the rocks that leads from each plant.

sheshovel
11-25-2005, 02:45 AM

Heres what I think.

Too flat
Don't like the border
No anchor plants
Washed out colors, though that could be the camera, The border is the same color as the mulch, not enough contrast.

I understand you were probably working on a very limited budget, Still, if you substituted that border for a natural edge you would have saved enough to get a few large plants in there.

This is constructive criticism. The install was done well, the design....not my cup of tea. Don't take it hard.

Jon

If I had said this I would have been immediately slammed for it!

Dirty Water
11-25-2005, 03:15 AM

I try to keep my critical comments few and far inbetween so I don't get a reputation for it :)

PurpHaze
11-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I try to keep my critical comments few and far inbetween so I don't get a reputation for it :)

Wussie??? :p

Troublemaker??? :D

befnme
01-05-2006, 01:00 PM

Heres what I think.

Too flat
Don't like the border
No anchor plants

Jon

thanks for the criticism :
1. actualy the lady requested small plants so she will not have to bother with them for a while . she wanted minimal effort on her part .
2. as far as the spacing goes she wanted just enough green in it to be seen . she didnt want any clutter so she could walk around in there if need be .
3. actually the border is white and the crushed brick is red .
4. sheshovel i dont get mad at criticism as long as it is professional.
5. as far as the walkway goes i had a hard enough time trying to upsell a scape around her bird feeder in the front lawn .
6. and the large shrub by the house that is too close she wanted to keep it there because it had sentimental value . so i just trimmed it up a little.

thanks for the input guys .

PurpHaze
01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
In other words the customer got what she wanted. Good job.