PDA

View Full Version : New enclosed Trailer

South Florida Lawns
11-17-2005, 03:16 PM
I am looking at replacing my Pace with this CargoMate Trailer. Either going with a 7x14' or 7x16'. Does anyone use Cargomates? Are you happy with yours?

I think the 14 was $4300 with a V nose, rear ramp, 32'' side door, 3 vents and 2 dome lights. They have a single piece aluminum roof and a 3 year warranty.

lawnmaniac883
11-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Looks trick to me.

UNISCAPER
11-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I'll tell you what we will never get again...that side door. Yeah it's convenient, but after 5 years they always need adjustment, they take sing space, cost more money and you really can get by without them....

South Florida Lawns
11-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Instead of the door. It will be a 36'' wide for the 32'' Wright Stander.

VnDrWLawnCare
11-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I have a 2001 cargomate eliminator. I just bought it used this spring, and so far i think it has held up well. I have never owned one before so i really dont have anything to compare it to. But my buddy just bought a new pace this year, and it makes a lot of squeking and stuff as you pull it around. I do like that he has an extended tongue- nice feature.

Just my opinion

Eric

Eclipse
11-20-2005, 11:20 AM
I would definitely consider an 8' wide trailer over a 7'. JMHO

South Florida Lawns
11-20-2005, 09:14 PM
I would definitely consider an 8' wide trailer over a 7'. JMHO

We just hauling some mowers not cars. The full widths cost too much to justify the extra width, plus a pain in the city. Now If I was looking at anything longer than 16ft full width is the only way to go.

They do look nice with flush fenders.

Eclipse
11-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I have had both an 8' and 8 1/2' (flush fenders). The 8' is really not all that bad I do not have any problems with it. 8 1/2' is a little more of a challenge but not that bad either with the right mirrors on the truck. Personally if I were buying a new one I think it would be 8' but I would immediately rule out 7'

Here is my reasoning. To me an enclosed trailer is a mobile tool shed. I carry as much in the trailer as I possibly can, you never know when you might need something and if it saves a trip back then you might as well get it done while you are on site, assuming it's a reasonable project IMHO. When you start hanging stuff on the walls even 8' can feel a little crowded. I cannot imagine 7' with trimmers, blowers, and other assorted tools hanging off the walls. I see some pictures on here of 7' trailers with everything hanging on the walls. Some are done very effeciently but you are still taking up interior space in the trailer making it feel crowded and hard to manuver around in when you have equipment in the trailer.

Ultimately you need to decide what is best for you, but I think you might be kicking yourself down the road for not going with the 8' wide trailer. I would rather spend a little more now (is there that big of a difference from 7' wide to 8'? )than having to upgrade to a larger trailer later. JMHO

TURF DOCTOR
11-20-2005, 10:01 PM
looks cool.

South Florida Lawns
11-20-2005, 10:16 PM
I hear what your saying. But right now thats not what I am looking at. And yea down the road I will need a bigger trailer when I expand for all my crap. O well I sold my pace for 500 less than what I paid for brand new 2 years ago.

Eclipse
11-20-2005, 11:30 PM
O well I sold my pace for 500 less than what I paid for brand new 2 years ago.

Wow! I wish things sold that well up here.

CutNLawns
11-21-2005, 12:28 PM
We just hauling some mowers not cars. The full widths cost too much to justify the extra width, plus a pain in the city. Now If I was looking at anything longer than 16ft full width is the only way to go.

They do look nice with flush fenders.

Get it in 7' wide then you will understand why the 8' is the way to go after you stumble in/out of the trailer...daily! All mine from now on will be as wide as possible.

South Florida Lawns
11-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Get it in 7' wide then you will understand why the 8' is the way to go after you stumble in/out of the trailer...daily! All mine from now on will be as wide as possible.

I have worked out of both sizes but right now its a pain for me with the extra width, for storage and my tiny mirrors on the Chevy.
I think the all the tow mirrors look kinda lame too.

South Florida Lawns
11-21-2005, 02:23 PM
1 44'' Toro Z Master (its very narrow) 1, 32'' wright stander and 1, 21''. On the left wall will be 1 edger, 1 trimmer, and 1 poll saw. The blower will be hanging on the front wall along with shelving for tools and parts/misc. The right side wall I will hang my ladder and shovels. Gas will be kept in the bed of truck along with trash barrels. The Pace American Trailer was the 14x7 as well and everything fit nicely.