PDA

View Full Version : Maryland. Looking for a company to buy!

Marek
11-17-2005, 09:39 PM
I am looking for a lawn and landscape company to buy as a whole or just the contracts in Howard or AA county.

Marek
11-19-2005, 01:25 PM
I have an exsisting company in Howard county and looking to expand.

Marek
01-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Still looking for a company in the 50k - 600k range. if anyone knows of someone who would like to sell please have them contact me.

Marek
02-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Still looking !!!!!!

Itsgottobegreen
02-05-2006, 09:26 PM
trust me you aren't going to find one of any size that the owner doesn't think its worth $500,000 for a $150,000 year company. Been at it for 6 months. I am closes I have come buying a guys equipment and get a few accounts with it.

Marek
02-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Yep found a few in the last 8 months,some are realistic and others havent got a clue.Had a good one last fall until he realized that by the time he paid off all his debt and back taxes that he would only be starting over in something new.But like I tried to explain to him, he would be starting over fresh with nothing ridding his back and plenty of start up money.One guy in Columbia wanted 40k for just his customer list that was only grossing 30k a yr. and didnt want anything in writting.Sure I'll jump right on that one.I just leave them with my number and tell them what I feel its worth ,and tell them to call me if and when they become realistic. This winter will thin out some of the mow& blows.

Itsgottobegreen
02-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Best bet is to tell them you want to see their customer list when they tell you they want $40K for $30K a year list. Then remember all the addresses then go knock on each customer's door and get them to sign up with you. :drinkup:

I think I am just going to to back to flyering the heck out of a neighborhood two or three times in the spring. Then hoping for the best.

When I sold my business in boston. The guy bought the equipment and I gave him the accounts. I had no contracts for them, so they aren't worth anything. Unless they got a signed contract stating something about subcontractors in them. They really are fair game when you sell your business to someone else.

This winter will thin out some of the mow& blows.
I hope so along with the plow kings. You know the type. The guy that buys a $40,000 truck and thinks they will pay it off in 1 season pushing snow. OR the guy with the 1988 F-250 with no muffler and a plow that works half the time. He is doing drive ways for a whole $20 a push. LOL

Marek
02-06-2006, 12:54 PM
These guys here can have all the driveways they want.I have way too much commercial work to fool with driveways.The guys here in Howard county that mow are really special.Even some of the bigger boys are mowing 3 acre lots for 60 to 70 bucks.Than again most of them are cheatin our uncle sam too.The low ballers in my area have pushed prices way to low, and the laborers all want to start at 12 dollars an hour.I have friends in the industry all around MD and even in the middle of the eastern shore they are getting better rates then what we are here.You see adds all the time "will match any bodys price" If they want to be the largest guys out there , nock themselves out.

Itsgottobegreen
02-14-2006, 11:14 PM
hey buddy your preaching to the choir here. These damn good old boys really are messing it up. You want it done right call us. I you want it cheap talk to someone else.

WildLake
02-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Ive found the Ellicott City, Columbia and Clarkesville areas to be a gold mine. If you cant get your price there than something is wrong. I can get $10-15 more for an acre there compared to carroll and frederick counties. Most peope don't even flinch at $60 for an acre.

Marek
02-22-2006, 09:03 AM
We get our price or we dont do the job ! In the Clarksville E/C area the mow & blow guys will go knocking on doors and give cheap estimates.

WildLake
02-22-2006, 07:29 PM
I have neighborhoods with 15 or more other companies mowing. I see different guys every year come and go. I stick to my prices and slowly aquire clients in these neighborhoods who just want good, dependable service and don't want to play the price game or are tired of playing it.

Marek
06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Still looking for something in AA county if anyone knows of someone looking to sell out please contact me.

Itsgottobegreen
06-19-2006, 09:53 PM
WANTED any landscape company in carroll county or northern howard county. Any size.