PDA

View Full Version : Mileage update

Gravel Rat
11-19-2005, 05:49 PM
I checked the mileage on my 95 F-450 I'am back at 12.5 mpg I think I will keep checking I can't explain why the mileage dropped to 9.5 carrying two loads that were less than 1000lbs each.

kc2006
11-19-2005, 08:50 PM
If i get fuel at certain stations my milage drops. Coulda been a few different things that caused your drop in mileage.

You should really get some "Diesel Kleen" it works wonders, grey bottle for summer, white bottle for winter. The truck runs quieter, builds more boost and gets better mileage when I use it. Cleans injectors too (so they say).

lawnmaniac883
11-19-2005, 09:10 PM
There are two grades of diesel fuel, "premium" or #1 has a higher cetane value than #2 or regular. Running premium instead of regular may result in increased mpg.

Gravel Rat
11-20-2005, 12:09 AM
I buy my fuel from one station only so the grade of fuel doesn't change I will try some additive in the fuel.

I'am going to check the mileage for the next few tank fulls to see what I'am getting.

RideMor
11-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I have been watching some of the discussions about diesel fuels. I have seen different additives mentioned from time to time. One brand of product I have not seen any mention of is TK-7. I have information about the various TK-7 Fuel Products on my website: www.RideMor.com. If you have questions about any of the TK-7 products I will be glad to answer them. It would be my pleasure to provide the Caterpillar 1K test results provided by the Southwest Research Institute and the test results from David Vizard who conducted some of the most exhaustive tests on a fuel additive that have ever been performed. User's testimonials are also available. You may email me at: David@RideMor.com.

stumper1620
11-21-2005, 09:51 PM
You are not alone,
If you figure it out let me know what you find.
I have a 02 SD 250 with a 7.3 PSD, when I got it the mileage was up around 18 then gradually fell off, last Feb I pulled my 16' open trailer 300 miles empty and only got 8.5, still have'nt figured out whats going on but the best I have managed to get back up to is 13 and occassionally 14mpg. changing fuel blends and additives have not helped.

Grass Man
11-21-2005, 11:16 PM
.... so noted, thanks :).

kc2006
11-21-2005, 11:50 PM
You are not alone,
If you figure it out let me know what you find.
I have a 02 SD 250 with a 7.3 PSD, when I got it the mileage was up around 18 then gradually fell off, last Feb I pulled my 16' open trailer 300 miles empty and only got 8.5, still have'nt figured out whats going on but the best I have managed to get back up to is 13 and occassionally 14mpg. changing fuel blends and additives have not helped.

Changing filters and fluids regularly? maybe a sensor is taking a crap, when my ICP sensor went my mileage dropped down.

Smalltimer1
11-22-2005, 12:07 AM
I buy my fuel from one station only so the grade of fuel doesn't change I will try some additive in the fuel.

I'am going to check the mileage for the next few tank fulls to see what I'am getting.

Winter blend diesel causes a drop in mileage--don't know if you happened to get any of that or not???

Eclipse
11-22-2005, 08:45 AM
There are two grades of diesel fuel, "premium" or #1 has a higher cetane value than #2 or regular. Running premium instead of regular may result in increased mpg.

#1 is generally a not referred to as a premium diesel fuel. It is a more cold weather resistant diesel fuel and will yield less MPG's. In the more temperate climates you will not see #1 available at the pumps.

Gravel Rat
11-22-2005, 01:05 PM
The diesel here is regular fuel it never gets cold enough here to make the fuel jell. We have only had one day of frost so far so its only gone down to 0 to -1 celcius or 32 to 30 the coldest its ever got here is -15 celcius or 5 degrees faren. We usually only have snow for a week may be 2 weeks at the most and back to either frost or the weather warms up and rain.