PDA

View Full Version : BLACK decorative rock? where to get it?

Ramairfreak98ss
11-19-2005, 09:24 PM
I have a customer who wasnts as black of rock/pebbles anything as he can get. Im in Jersey so not sure if this is something that will have to come in from far away or not. Ive never seen anything local thats more than grey at best. Any suggestions? Whats it cost? Its for around a very large inground pool..

Lanelle
11-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Black Mexican Beach Pebbles. They are most often sold in plastic bags (40-50#) and are very expensive. You can also get them from some stone suppliers in bins that weigh about 1200# as I recall. Look at the suppliers in eastern PA. Oh yeah, these pebbles come in graded sizes and are flattened rounds in terms of shape. Very nice looking near water and for Asian style gardens.

mad_wrestler
11-20-2005, 08:45 AM
I have a solution for you. We use a number of differant colors for our decorative rock clients including a black mixture. I am in Ga and owner of RockWay South. However, my partners in New Hampshire cover all of the New England states to include New Jersey. PM me and I will get you in contact with them. You can reach me at 478-447-6518.

Dirty Water
11-20-2005, 09:12 PM
If your looking for crushed rock, ask a local gravel yard for basalt. Around here, I can get 1/4" minus basalt for $17 a yard if I haul.

Ramairfreak98ss
11-20-2005, 10:23 PM
If your looking for crushed rock, ask a local gravel yard for basalt. Around here, I can get 1/4" minus basalt for $17 a yard if I haul.

That sounds pretty cheap, ill have to check into it, thanks!

Ramairfreak98ss
11-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Looks as though basalt is still not pure black but i wont rule it out as an option, if its between trying to charge a customer $9000 and $200, the answer is obvious unless theyre just looking to dump out a ton of money.

Ramairfreak98ss
11-20-2005, 10:27 PM
I have a customer who wasnts as black of rock/pebbles anything as he can get. Im in Jersey so not sure if this is something that will have to come in from far away or not. Ive never seen anything local thats more than grey at best. Any suggestions? Whats it cost? Its for around a very large inground pool..

Im going to need at least 2-3 tons of this, or something equal to 4+ full size pickup loads.

orionkf
11-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Around here they have trap rock. Looks like 3/4 clean rock (sometimes bigger) that is kinda deep purple, blackish.

hosejockey2002
11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
The price of these various types of rock will be very localized. If it's quarried locally then it will be fairly cheap. The basalt that's cheap here in the Pacific NW might not be available at all in the NE. Around here, white marble for example is nearly $200 a ton because it's not quarried locally. I don't know where it comes from, but I'll bet it's way cheaper in the area that it's quarried.

mad_wrestler
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
The application that we use our rock goes on top of the existing pool side concrete. The water drains away from the pool leaving a non-slip surface. It is also great because heat dissipates very rapidly so as to not burn your feet. It is a rock and epoxy mixture that is absolutely beautiful. Depending on prep work, our prices range from $6-$12 /square foot.

Ramairfreak98ss
11-21-2005, 10:39 PM
The application that we use our rock goes on top of the existing pool side concrete. The water drains away from the pool leaving a non-slip surface. It is also great because heat dissipates very rapidly so as to not burn your feet. It is a rock and epoxy mixture that is absolutely beautiful. Depending on prep work, our prices range from $6-$12 /square foot.

Is this what you charge the customer or its $12 per square cubic foot to buy the rock? Do you have a picture to show me what this looks like? Thanks chreha@hotmail.com

mad_wrestler
11-22-2005, 06:10 AM
That is what we charge the customer. I sent you some pics of the rock through my yahoo account.