PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on blecovator vs. harley rake

cleancutccl
11-20-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm in the market for a soil preparation machine for my kubota L3830 and was wondering what some opinions on the blecovator were. I've heard quite a bit about the harley rake but nothing on the blec. Please only comment if you have used either machine.

Thanks

Lawnworks
11-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm in the market for a soil preparation machine for my kubota L3830 and was wondering what some opinions on the blecovator were. I've heard quite a bit about the harley rake but nothing on the blec. Please only comment if you have used either machine.

Thanks

I love harley rakes. I have used one a a tractor and several times w/ a dingo. They are an incredible tool.

kiwiwill
11-21-2005, 03:46 AM
Gidday, I have a rotadairon, which is the same as a blecavator, just a different manufacturer. They are a great piece of machinery. We operate in an area where there are alot of rocks, the rotadairon will bury the smaller rocks that the harley will leave on the surface. It will also rip out or unearth much larger rocks. It can be fairly hard on the teeth in extremely rocky conditions. Ultimately it would be nice to go through witha harley first and windrow or remove all the larger rubble etc, and then finnish with the rotadairon. The rotadairon is a better finishing tool, but the harley is better for the rough renovation.

start2finish
11-21-2005, 08:28 AM
I have never seen a blecavator, but on their website the specs show it . We use a harley rake on a 3pt hitch tractor and are satisfied with its performance. harley rake will finish about 10,000 sq feet an hour. This is a realistic estimate based on experience. A 72'' model on a 4630 Kubota. about 3 passes to remove big debris, tear up ground and a final pass to finish.

the blecavator claims on the compact model <50hp 58'' working width and 4000 sq yd and hour, 12000 sq ft?

STECequipment
04-20-2010, 02:02 PM
The Harley rake and stone burriers such as the Blecavator, Stecavator, etc. are two different machines. The Blecavator is a tiller, which will give you depth, and the ability to bury debris. The Harley rake is a surface prep tool. They are often confused, but shouldn't be. The only similarity is that they are used for seed bed prep, but the way they work, and their end result are very different. That would be like comparing a Ferrari and a Toyota becuase they are both cars...