PDA

View Full Version : Wall Class

Husky05
11-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know if Versa-Lok or Uni-Lock have a class that you can go to? I have heard (dont know if it is true or not) that they offer classes that you got to for say 2 weeks, learn how to install a footer, what slag to use, etc etc etc. and then you take a test and become a "licensed" installer? You can then get a contractors rate on block? If this is true where are these classes held and what do they cost?

neversatisfiedj
11-21-2005, 08:15 AM
I get a contractors rate on block and I am not certified ..

Husky05
11-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Well that doesnt answer my question

Jamesgateslandscaping
11-21-2005, 12:50 PM
There is a class but I forget the organization that its under, I will pass it on when I find out, They will be having a class in NH or ME in the coming months.
Thanks
James

UNISCAPER
11-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Look under National Concrete Masons Association (NCMA) they teach a class that will actually give you usable information rather than hyppe the show up with a sales pitch geared toward the block sponsoring the class. NCMA class is the one to graduate from.

I went to Unilocks wall class in 2000 at Unilock Chicago plant. They had lunch, Tony Risi was there along with some Polish guy who you could barely understand talking and there was no emphysis on soils.

Husky05
11-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Hey Uniscaper,

I just took a look at your website. You do awesome work! Everything you posted for your work looks great.

UNISCAPER
11-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks. The one thing we do is make sure every photo in there is work we actually did, not downloaded from some stock agency.