PDA

View Full Version : Dingo vs. Kubota

GALAWNCARE
11-21-2005, 11:28 AM
I've been looking into buying either a Dingo or a Kubota. The dingo has 30 different attachments and is more compact to get in smaller places. I was looking at the B21 with the backhoe, which comes off and you can put other things on it. What do yall thing would be the best choice?
I know that the dingo is cheaper but can it handle some of the same thing of the B21?

hosejockey2002
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
They are totally different animals. Try renting each for a week or so and see what works better for you.

LA LAWNS
11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
I got a dingo about 5 weeks ago. I will lift some heavy stuff. Send me a message if you want to hear more...LA LAWNS

Jim Buessing
11-21-2005, 08:32 PM
I like the Dingo. very vesatile and well built machine

Wolfie's L&L
11-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I'd go with the Bobcat MT55, its the same as a Dingo, maybe even a little bit tougher. We beat the heck out of it at work, and it hasn't backed down yet.

Jason

Gilla Gorilla
11-21-2005, 09:33 PM
If you plant on going after work at townhouses with small gates like 36"-42" wide then the Dingo is your machine. If you need to run a backhoe or bush hog then most of the time then go with a Compact tractor. If you are looking to get a auger to dig footers for fences, decks and holes up to 36" wide to plant trees in then go with the Dingo.

There are days that I spend 6-8 hours straight on the Dingo with a couple minute brakes here and there when I sure would like to be able to sit down instead of standing up all day. But even standing up sure beats walking behind the machine all day. Needless to say I love my TX420 Dingo, I can lift half skids of flagstone on driveways and hard surfaces and transport them into yards. Also with the forks on the TX420 can lift B&B trees with up to 36" wide root balls to transport them to where they are going into the ground.

I would say to go to each dealer and set up a demo for each machine, but first you need to figure out what you main uses are going to be for the machine that you decide to buy.

Good luck and let us know which way you go.

YardPro
11-22-2005, 01:59 PM
we have the dingo tx425 and would never give it up..
it is awesome.. i abuse the heck out of it and have 300 hrs on it since last december.... no problems at all.

it depends on what u will be using it for....

for us it was a no brainer.. the tx will lift well over 1000 lbs (only 500 max with the b series).
the biggest drawback is travel speed.. the dingo is slower

LB1234
11-22-2005, 03:01 PM
We rent the B21 (and L35..just bigger than the 21) and Dingo often. IMHO, you'd be better off with the dingo b/c of its versatility. The 21 would excell with the bucket and backhoe...perhaps even an auger (wouldn't know, never used on the 21 or 35). Lift more, large bucket capacity (less trips), more HP, less fatigue (your sitting), high lift to get into a mason dump/dump trailer, as well as a few other things that I'm probablly overlooking.

With that said, the dingo has too many attachments that can be taken off easily and in under a minute with only one person. We did a landscape job (two of us) in which we had the dingo w/ standard bucket, auger (9" & 36" bits) auger, cultivator, and hydr tree fork. We were able to use the bucket to transport topsoil & compost into the beds, attached the cultivator to work in the topsoil & compost into the existing soil, attached the auger and starting digging the holes for the plants, attached the forks and started grabing the trees right off the trailer and placing them in the holes, attached the bucket and starting moving mulch.

It was easy working w/dingo b/c when operating the attachment we could see clearly over the machine...if the view was blocked by an attachement simply step to the side and take a look. The zero turn radius allowed us to get in/out of tight spaces and get realy close to the foundation, we can get into backyards w/o having to take down fences, we place 4x8 sheets of 3/4" plywood over walkways and don't have to worry about cracking/warping the walkway, we can use our single axle trailer or enclosed trailer to transport the dingo and keep the dump trailer for materials. With the 21 we would need to utilize our dumpt trailer to transport it. Sorry for the rambling and structureless post but I'm taking a break from the office work and need to get back to it.

DerikL
11-24-2005, 09:41 AM
I was thinking of the kubota vs. dingo question the other day. It seems like a bx23 sized tractor is similar to that of a dingo as far as lift cap. and height. One benefit would be that backhoe is part of the unit, But is is not as easy to switch attachments and if you have to get on and off all the time it could be a pain.

lawn king
11-24-2005, 10:28 AM
My first and perhaps only question, do they manufacture a diesel dingo?

Gilla Gorilla
11-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Yes they do make a diesel Dingo BUT not in the tracked model just the wheeled model. I think it is 22 or 23 horsepower and has a built in ride on platform. For me I never even demoed the wheeled Dingos just the TX420 versus the Bobcat MT52. I love the idea of not having to worry about flat tires, plus the flotation of the tracks seems to be way better then the wheeled units that seem to sink into the lawn more then the tracks.

Lawnworks
11-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Boxer, Bobcat, and Vermeer have diesel mini skids.

YardPro
11-25-2005, 05:05 PM
i have a few more comments..

first off do not buy the standard bucket.... only use the oversize mulch bucket it is way bigger... and u can load it with anything...

next. we have a forkster ride on platform on the back.. so not much walking..

also as for taking a mintue to change attachments... mabey 30 seconds for a non hydro powered one.

also i would never consider a wheeled unit.. tracks are the way to go.

PSUturf
11-25-2005, 06:46 PM
TX Dingo is the way to go. Probably one of the most versatile landscape machines you can buy. Causes less damage to lawns than a tractor. The track machine is easier to operate than the wheeled version since there is only one lever for controlling the bucket, forks, etc.

Lawnworks
11-25-2005, 10:16 PM
I really like the bucket controls for the Toro dingo Tx425. That was by the far the most effective controls that I have used.

DerikL
11-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Does anyone use a wheel unit with over tire tracks? The hand controls on the wheel units make my thumbs sore in just a short time.

LB1234
11-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Spoke with Dingo distributor a few weeks ago. The have a Dingo Diesel with tracks that Dingo has been experimenting with. It will NOT be available for 2006, they are targeting 2007.

Lawnworks
11-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Wow, that will be one hell of a machine. That is the only disadvantage to the tx425 for me. The dingo has a higher ground speed and better controls.

ChestnutOaks
11-28-2005, 01:37 PM
go with the Vermeer. We have the newest model on tracks with a 25HP kubota diesel and its a ride on. No walking whatsoever. It is 3x the machine a dingo is, just talking from personal experience. It was a choice between the vermeer and the boxer on tracks. Liked the boxer's VTS (versatile track system), but like the controls on the vermeer so much better that we went with it. Also, the way you stand on the vermeer is so much more comfortable and safe than the boxer. Where you stand, you are almost standing IN the machine, not hanging off the back like the boxer. Its got pads for your boys in the front, and also cushioning on each side. We've used kanga's and dingo's before, but they are baby machines compared to the vermeer, hands down.

Lawnworks
11-28-2005, 04:04 PM
It is 3x the machine a dingo is, just talking from personal experience.

I really really doubt it. The tx425 is a beast.

Oldtimer
11-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Before you make a final decision be sure to get a demo from Boxer. It has variable width tracks and a choice of gas or diesel engines.

Oldtimer

YardPro
12-06-2005, 08:41 AM
I really really doubt it. The tx425 is a beast.

i'll have to agree... I demo'd the boxter, DW sk500 and tx425 and the mt52

the dingo was our choice.
i like option to NOT have to ride the machine..

also i took all three to the local stone yard and used thier pallets of slate and scales to weigh thier capacaties....

using them it felt like the boxer and DW would lift way more than the dingo.. but the scales don't lie....

boxer with me on the platform as counterweight.... 1200lbs
dw sk500 without platform, so i could not be a counterweight.... 1150lbs
dingo also without platform......................................... 1100

the dingo was the least, but not by much... also with the added platform and me on it it lifts MORE than the boxter..

what really sold me was it was so small and compact.
the DW and boxter are built much more heavy duity, but i have had no problems with the dingo.. and i abuse the heck out of it... almost 300 hrs this year.. zero problems.

the biggest problem i had with the boxter was the controls.. they are the split levers like the dingo wheeled units and my thumbs were cramping after the first few minutes. also lots of gizmo's on the " dash" to go wrong...
also when it was in high gear i could not make a gradual turn.. i had to switch to low (very slow) or almost completely stop the one track to get the other to have enough power to turn the machine.......

as for the vermeer.. i am sure it is heavy duity... but 3X the machine ... i doubt it..

also before u decide on the machine look at what u are going to use it for..
we work alot on existing landscapes, so low turf dammage was a priority for us...

the dingo was by far the least dammaging of all the units.. this was due to the track tread pattern. It has the best mix of traction and low dammage. the DW turf tracks did not get nearly enough bite and would clog really easially.. the boxter did not have turf tracks available....