PDA

View Full Version : The Green Guardian seeks 40 lawnsite members...

Michael J. Donovan
11-21-2005, 01:03 PM
The Green Guardian seeks 40 lawnsite members with the ability to service ~400 new clients in 2006.

The Green Guardian announces a major expansion into 40 major markets across the United States for 2006.

We provide organic alternatives to traditional pesticides and have viable EDIBLE alternatives to traditional broadleaf and annual grass weed killers, insect controls, animal repellants and mosquito repellants.

In our expansion we are seeking a total of 40 companies to participate in this growth. Your requirement is to produce the revenue that we have booked into your selected market area.

Yes, you read this right.

We provide the marketing plus billing, collections, customer service, KWYSF (Knowledge will set you free) proprietary software, turn by turn directions/routing, gps, cell phone, camera (for onsite aid in diagnosing lawn problems), our exclusive EDIBLE fertilizer and pest control products, all the back office work relating to providing the front line customer services.

If you are interested in learning more call David at 651-646-2900 x108 or email david@greenguardian.us

green_mark
12-23-2005, 09:33 AM
To view discussions about this opportunity please visit the "Announcements" link where these are discussed in more detail.

Microbe
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Nice.... You said your product was organic.... Why does it contain Synthetic urea?

nocutting
01-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Nice.... You said your product was organic.... Why does it contain Synthetic urea?
BECAUSE its a matter of "Opinion", lol,lol,lol. .........at least thats the answer I was Given:dizzy: :blush:

green_mark
01-06-2006, 10:13 AM

We have more than one product. We have many products. Yes, some contain "Feed Grade" urea.

The reason we decided to use "Feed Grade" urea in “some of our products” is because the "Organic" alternatives like "Chilean Nitrate" simply does not fit into our "Edible" ingredients philosophy and is not allowed to be used as an inert as provide by under FIFRA ACT sec (25)b.

If you carefully look at each of the products in our line you will find all ingredients are on the FIFRA ACT sec (25)b list for active and inert ingredients for minimum risk pesticides.
http://www.epa.gov/oppbppd1/biopesticides/regtools/25b_list.htm

What products do not contain “Feed Grade” urea and conform to organic standards?

Everything Must Go! – Non Selective weed control

Blistering Defense – Insect Control

Goose Repel – Small critter repellent

Skeeter Beater – Mosquito repellent

Slow Down 5-0-3 “Liquid” N-source is derived from plant proteins.

Maize Turf 10-0-0 “Granular” Corn Gluten fertilizer

Green Guardian 5-0-3 “Liquid” (also a selective weed control)

Which products do contain “Feed Grade” urea?

Natures Feed 18-0-5 “Liquid Fertilizer”
Natures Feed 7-0-5 “Liquid Fertilizer”
The Green Guardian 14-0-5 “Liquid Fertilizer and selective weed control)
Humic Plus 8-0-5 “Granular Fertilizer” N-source mostly derived from Soymeal
Blade Runner 12-0-9 “Granular Fertilizer”

All of these still fit into “OUR FEED GRADE FOCUS”.

Why do we choose this “FEED GRADE” banner to wave?
Simply because the word “Organic” has lost it’s luster and intended meaning. Organic has been referenced as the “SAFE” alternative which is simply not accurate.

The public is aware of this and are not commonly fooled by companies who claim “SAFTEY” as their banner then apply Bat/Horse/Human fecal material.

My previous profession was as a livestock/crop farmer. I know the benefits of using fecal materials on our crop land. It is my belief that most home owners, while they love farmers and animals, simply don’t desire to have the yard their children play on to contain it or smell like it.

And a final comment about your post. It is just offensive! I nor anyone who works with our company attempts to inaccurately represent anything we do. We, as you get to know us, will err on the side of over-disclosure, because I don't want you going to a customer with your skirt up!

green_mark
01-06-2006, 10:32 AM
BECAUSE its a matter of "Opinion", lol,lol,lol. .........at least thats the answer I was Given:dizzy: :blush:

This is just wrong on so many levels! No one here says or has said that. As you see in our other posts and any conversations you or others would have with me will be as accurate as humanly possible.

Keep in mind if our client is ignorant it reflects poorly on us.

Shady Brook
01-22-2006, 11:10 PM
I thought I would make a few comments on this opportunity that Green Guardian is offering.

I have been very intrigued by a selective organic weed control product. The product by GG is the only one that makes claims that are remotely compareable to conventional weed control products. I have had some correspondence with them, both on the phone and through e-mail. They have always been professional and willing to answer my questions. I do have some concerns that I feel I should share.

To begin with we have this offer that seeks 40 Lawn care companies to "produce revenue" that GG books. GG will "We provide the marketing plus billing, collections, customer service, KWYSF (Knowledge will set you free) proprietary software, turn by turn directions/routing, gps, cell phone, camera (for onsite aid in diagnosing lawn problems), our exclusive EDIBLE fertilizer and pest control products, all the back office work relating to providing the front line customer services. "

This indeed sounds like quite an opportunity, how can you go wrong? Well there is a but. After a long discussion about the exciting products, I was told that there was another requirement. I am sure that any who call GG will be informed about this, but the other requirement is quite a substancial amount of money. So the truth be told, to say "Your requirement is to produce the revenue that we have booked into your selected market area. " is not the whole truth.

I do not begrudge them protecting themselves from those who might run off or give up quickly, but to me the fee you pay would be for a very large scale advertizing program. That is how I see that.

I wanted some documentation, some studies that show the effectiveness of the product. I was informed there was nothing available for me to see, but was assured that there were many thousands of happy customers. This may be true, but it does not provide me with enough assurance to spend that much time, money, and my reputation on something I have no experience with, or proof that it works.

This brings me to my next point: My state requires evidence that a product works as claimed. They will not accept something on the 25b list, but they also want documentation that satisfies them that it does indeed work as advertized. Different states have different rules. If you are considering this opportunity with GG, make sure it is legal to use in your state! I did some digging around only to find out that none of GG's products are curretnly registered. Does this mean they will not be in the future...No. Would I be extreamly disturbed if I fronted a substancial sum of money to them to find out that their products were not registered in my state? You bet! I am frankly disturbed that I was offered the opportunity, and could have sent off money to find out that I may not be able to apply the products this coming Spring. I was informed that without documentation proving the efficacy of a product, it will not be registered. Do your own research.

"We provide organic alternatives to traditional pesticides" I was also questioning the use of Urea in the products, and was warned that they avoid the use of the term organic as it leads to confusion. I think that is a fair statement, but when you are advertizing products, or investment opportunities using products that you describe as "organic alternatives" you are fostering that confusion.

I am not saying that the products that GG offer are not effective as I do not know. I hope they work great, and I want to try them to see. If they work as described they could be a wonderful addition to my business. I am prepareing my pricing, products, and plans now for next year. Unfortuneately time has about run out for selling some trial plans using GG products for the coming year. Well, I did feel it was important to share my experience. In any business decison, get all the facts!

Buster57
02-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Are the products OMRI or OTC Certified? If not then there are extreme liabilities stating the products are organic.

NattyLawn
02-03-2006, 09:15 PM
No where does green mark state the products are organic, but "conform to organic standards".

What are the liabilities if someone has orgnanic product that's not OMRI certified? It's about 100 grand minimum for OMRI just to take a look at your product. It's tough for smaller businesses to shell out the cash to go through the process.

nocutting
02-04-2006, 01:30 AM
This is just wrong on so many levels! No one here says or has said that. As you see in our other posts and any conversations you or others would have with me will be as accurate as humanly possible.

Keep in mind if our client is ignorant it reflects poorly on us.
"Its a Good Thing I'm Not A client"

nocutting
02-04-2006, 01:37 AM
No where does green mark state the products are organic, but "conform to organic standards".

What are the liabilities if someone has orgnanic product that's not OMRI certified? It's about 100 grand minimum for OMRI just to take a look at your product. It's tough for smaller businesses to shell out the cash to go through the process.
Hi Matt,.....What Organic Standards Are We Talking About?.....just a sincere question, regards Saxon:) :)

green_mark
02-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Are the products OMRI or OTC Certified? If not then there are extreme liabilities stating the products are organic.

Please specify.
Extreme Liabilities?
What products are you referencing, specifically?
What Certification? Where?

NattyLawn
02-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi Matt,.....What Organic Standards Are We Talking About?.....just a sincere question, regards Saxon:) :)

Saxon,

I have no clue what standards we're talking about. Can you tell me? But when your clone Microbe and the last guy make statements that make it seem like they can't read, someone has to ask what they're thinking or accusing.

You've made it quite clear what you think of GG products and honestly I thought you might be interested in using them. But you're inclined to attack every little aspect instead of trying a pesticide free product. I've only done limited testing so I don't even know if GG can work on a commercial level, but I'm going to try before I dismiss it altogether.

Shady Brook
02-04-2006, 07:43 PM
The initial post in this forum had this statement.

"We provide organic alternatives to traditional pesticides and have viable EDIBLE alternatives to traditional broadleaf and annual grass weed killers, insect controls, animal repellants and mosquito repellants. "

NattyLawns wrote:

"No where does green mark state the products are organic, but "conform to organic standards"."

I can appreciate you are keeping an open mind about the products as am I. I really what them to work. I do think that from the initial post that says "We provide organic alternatives" would lead people to believe that GG uses some "organic" products. Their intention may not have been to say they have organic products, but that is what is conveyed in their statement. I read the statement and contacted them because I thought they were an organic company. So whether the products are organic or not, statements were made that would lead people to believe they have organic products.

green_mark
02-05-2006, 08:07 AM
The initial post in this forum had this statement.

"We provide organic alternatives to traditional pesticides and have viable EDIBLE alternatives to traditional broadleaf and annual grass weed killers, insect controls, animal repellants and mosquito repellants. "

NattyLawns wrote:

"No where does green mark state the products are organic, but "conform to organic standards"."

I can appreciate you are keeping an open mind about the products as am I. I really what them to work. I do think that from the initial post that says "We provide organic alternatives" would lead people to believe that GG uses some "organic" products. Their intention may not have been to say they have organic products, but that is what is conveyed in their statement. I read the statement and contacted them because I thought they were an organic company. So whether the products are organic or not, statements were made that would lead people to believe they have organic products.

We do have ORGANIC alternatives to traditional pesticides. We have a number of products that are classified as organic and exempted from registration from the EPA.

Read post #5 for additional clarification. We manufacture a number of products all of which are EDIBLE. Yes, some contain FEED GRADE urea and that does not conform to the OMRI organic standards. However, again we have ORGANIC WEED CONTROLS, ANIMAL REPELLENTS and INSECT CONTROLS across the board.

In posting #5 we have separated the products into two categories so you can review which ones best fit your individual needs.

We also custom blend product as long as they conform to our FEED GRADE focus. You want something different? Just tell us what and we can make it!
It's what we do.

Shady Brook
02-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Mark

I don't think I have ever heard you refer to your products as organic, and agree with your points that you do provide organic alternatives. My points have come up from others comments, ie. where a person is told that GG does not call it's products organic, or should shy away from the term in favor of edible. I have no problem with this distinction, and on many levels it seems wise. I was pointing out the confusion that arises when some of your literature says you offer organic alternatives will representatives often say to avoid such terminology. I admit that some of my dismay if you want to call it that came from a preconception that all your products were organic, and the one that most interests me in the GG selective weed control contained Urea. It likely is irrelevant, it was likely me and my expectation that were unsettled, and not any flaw in the product, as I want to market myself as organic only, and felt a fear that this may not be possible using this product. If the product works, I will likely change my marketing plan.:)

My other point was that guys are bringing up the point such as nattylawns about there not being any claims by GG that they have organic products. You have made it quite clear yourself that many of your products are organic. So I was pointing out the flaw in his argument as I saw it. I should have included your own testimony to the truth that you do have organic products even though you choose to market those as edible.

I do wish they would update your site and put more information. I was harrassing David awhile back, and he said that was going to be done over a month ago. I am just an information freek, so the more literature the better.

I wish you all the success in the world Mark, and look forward to trying your products!

green_mark
02-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Yes, well...we are waiting for our web site to be finished and some of it should be available by February 15th at www.greenguardian.us This is the service side.

The product side www.thegreenguardian.com is also being updated and should be available about the same time.

To answer your concerns about what product to choose to be completely, 100% organic. Use the 5-0-3. It is a selective weed control and is derived from ingredients that conform to the organic standards set forth by OMRI's example and it still maintains our FEED GRADE standards.

Overall, that is the product we, in our service, will be using this season.

NattyLawn
02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
There's way too much confusion on here right now. I think this thread needs to be deleted and a new one started telling us what each product is, and what is in it. Is it organic? Also, I don't think there are penalties for saying a product is organic if it's not OMRI certified..Is it exempt from EPA regisitration? Does it contain urea? Anything else?

green_mark
02-06-2006, 09:23 AM
I agree. I will make arrangements to have create a new thread or threads that provide more information about each product and what it contains, plus labels, MSDS, etc..

With this I hope to be able to address anyones concerns based on their own needs for their clientele.

green_mark
02-19-2006, 07:22 PM
I have posted pricing of some of our product offerings under the Green Guardian sponsor forums.

We are in the process of updating our web site for the US and should be done within the next week or so.

The web address for Canada is also being updated and is at www.bjedistri-organic.com. This also should be complete within the next few weeks.

haymaker
03-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I have used GG's products for four years. I can't say I have used them well or that I have always acheived the results I wanted. Last year I applied the 18-0-5 and 14-0-5 in 6 appliations, (three spring, three fall) With a gas powered backpack sprayer with tip Mark reccomends. In results were very good by late fall i.e. much denser turf and greatly reduced weed population. I look forward to seeing what the lawns look like this spring. Creeping Charly is difficult but I have seen some control. The EMG produces varible results and its to early to tell with the Blistering Defence for repelling moles. Remember my equipment may be the reason I am not getting the results Mark says he gets in the lawn care division of his company. Keep in mind that Mark has built a large clientle in Minniapolis-St Paul over the years. If his clients were not satisfied with the results he provides using the products he has invented he would not be in business and expanding into new markets.

I want to take advantage of the business opportunity GG presents but have many question as to how this can work for me and my clients

green_mark
03-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Much of the reason we have offered our branch offices is so that we can gain consistency in equipment, sales processes, customer service, representation of the products, which result in higher customer satisfaction.

This is more than just buying a product from us spraying it one time and expecting the same results you were achieving with traditional weed controls.

Some of our products work better and faster than the traditional products but other work slower and differently.

We have heard from many that the products work past their wildest expectations and others said they have fallen short.

In our own service we have greater control over the application technique, frequency of applications and customer contact. This has worked out very well as we focus heavily on customer relations.

Our unique business model provides us with the capabilities that no other company has ever successfully implemented. This new direction has and will change how successful lawn care company's operate on many levels.

Shady Brook
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Mark

When any news when you products will be registered for use in Indiana?

haymaker
03-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Has anybody signed up with Green Guardian as a Branch Office Partner to date? If so I would like you to contact me.

Microbe
04-04-2006, 11:59 PM
I sincerely apologize for the using the term synthetic when it had no place either on your page, advertising, or whatever. I didn't realize it would start a whole thing..... I just wana keep my karma decent on this board, and I know your doing your part in spreading the message. But still the term "ORGANIC," is so fragile, so pure, difficult to lable on a product.. 100 grand for the OMRI labs to check out your product, wow! Good points brought up on all sides, and mark I do appologize......

DUSTYCEDAR
08-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Has anybody signed up with Green Guardian as a Branch Office Partner to date? If so I would like you to contact me.
so have we had any takers

DUSTYCEDAR
08-21-2006, 10:52 PM
just me and the crickets

Shady Brook
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Not alot of feedback.

I was interested in trying some product this year, but it is not registered in my state. I hoped maybe next year, but I don't think they are going to pursue anything in my area as the registration requirements require alot of testing proof that the product works as described.

I would really like an effective organic weed control product of a selective nature.

dcgreenspro
08-21-2006, 11:18 PM
i had them on the phone and was all ready to try some of thier stuff out when i looked at how much the freight was going to cost me. I ended up getting earthworks from fisher and sons instead. But, i was hoping someone around here was going to start carrying thier products....i guess not

DUSTYCEDAR
08-25-2006, 05:12 PM
shipping is always the killer