PDA

View Full Version : Tip Of The Day - 11/23/05 - Press Release / Photo Op

Sean Adams
11-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Now, first I have to say that doing a good deed should be because you genuinely want to help others...not because you like the attention or anything like that. But at the same time, it is your job to market your business and make people aware of who you are and what you do. So with that being said...

Take a trip today or even tomorrow, by yourself or even with a few employees, and bring a camera. Make your way down to your local soup kitchen or place that is similar, tie on the apron and give a hand - helping those in need is important all the time, but during the Thanksgiving holiday, it makes even more sense.

Snap a picture or two, sit down, write a simple press release about your company volunteering at the local soup kitchen, send in the photo as well to your local community newspaper. It's good exposure and aids in developing that label in the community - "he's our landscaper"... but like I said, make sure you are helping those less fortunate than you for the right reason first and foremost - because you want to and because you care.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

J & B Lawncare
11-23-2005, 05:48 PM
I am also planing on towing a float in the local parades. Lots of groups look for someone to tow there floats around here.

Juat a thought

J & B Lawncare

Sean Adams
11-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Very good idea...we always had a few pick up trucks all shined up for parades and we would let the 1st place little league team ride in the back of the trucks and throw candy to the parade audience.