PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on pricing this job pics included

JustinPowell22
11-23-2005, 10:33 PM

44750This customer of mine wants me to basically grade this flower bed and put up a new stone border. I need to know what you would charge for this bed. He wants it preped up so his wife can plants flowers in there. I was thinking of leveling the area with a metal rack and then coming in with a load of top soil and use that as a top layer to level off any other areas. Let me know the price for that. The second job is on the right side of the home he wants all those hibiscous and other plants ripped out except the banana tree in the way back. He wants me to rip all that out and get the soil preped for either sod or a row of shrubs. Let me know what you would charge for that. I was thinking $350 for the first bed infront of the house and $225 for the second job on the side of the home. thanks guys.

sheshovel
11-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Your way off Justin..The 1st bed..375.00
The second bed $500.00 to$ 650.00 that is MY opinion
There are gonna be alot of holes to fill with soil after those shrubs are out
And watch out you got a drain near or in that first bed.You will need good soil and a rototiller. Grade it to drain away from the house and into the drain..you may not want level here..ya know?

JustinPowell22
11-25-2005, 01:56 PM
ya there is a drainage in there in the first bed. I was gonna come in and drop like a yard of fill dirt in that bed and then level it. As far as my prices go latley ive been getting burned by my customers saying my prices were way to high. But im gonna go ahead and pitch him on this and see what happens thanks for the reply man.

later
Justin

PurpHaze
11-25-2005, 09:18 PM
... thanks for the reply man.

later
Justin

I think you were just called a "man" Sheshovel. LOL :D

sheshovel
11-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Happens all the time Purple,on-line anyway and sometimes on the phone because I have a deep voice for a woman.

Justin,remember you said that you were gonna do a stone border in the front too.The second job is much harder than the first one.
If you do not contain the "dumped"yard of soil in front or integrate it into the existing soil it will just kinda float off in heavy rain .I think you need to look closer at what this one is going to entail work wize.