PDA

View Full Version : Help with Headlights

Allen's LS
11-25-2005, 10:35 AM
OK, here goes my question. I have a 2002 Ford F-250 Crewcab, 5.4 liter. My problem is with the High Beams and Flash to pass. I have checked there are 2 fuses under the dash. One 30 amp main fuse. And one 15 amp fuse. They are good. I looked at the bulbs and they apear to be good. The only thing I did lately is replace the alternator, and then change from a stock battery to an Optima Yellow Top. Any suguestions? :confused: :help:

Restrorob
11-26-2005, 07:24 PM
I would suggest checking the bulbs with a multimeter, If you had a alt. problem it's possible they got a voltage spike that blew them out. And while you have them out check for voltage at the socket with the meter also.

Good Luck

Allen's LS
12-02-2005, 10:29 AM
I would suggest checking the bulbs with a multimeter, If you had a alt. problem it's possible they got a voltage spike that blew them out. And while you have them out check for voltage at the socket with the meter also.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to the post. What I figured out was. I had burned out the pin on the conector side of the bulb for the high beems. Good thing I had an extra set of the bulbs I use. Didn't want to re-order and have to wait for them. Or worse have to use stock replacements.

Thanks again for your help. :waving:
Kevin