PDA

View Full Version : Payroll,Payroll, ugghhh Payroll

eggy
03-29-2001, 09:05 AM
Well I have looked at all corners of this I do belive and need input on reccomendations, a service or in house or?? Ideas on the price of a payroll service??? Any software for payroll?? Remeber..I am new to payroll any software would need to explain the payroll process pretty well...or maybe a service hmm.....

Getmow
03-29-2001, 01:31 PM
We used a program from pensoft. http://www.pensoft.com
It is easy to use and does all the reports,etc.

lbmd1
03-29-2001, 05:47 PM
Eggy,
We use Paychex, they are a national service. An acount rep comes to your house, sets you up, then you get a payroll rep who calls you each week for payroll hours. The monthly fee ranges, but our average is only about $30-40 month. They deduct everything necessary, cut us checks, transfer the funds out of our account, and sends in all our taxes (and employees)to the IRS for us all for this $30. We are also provided monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, as well as W-2's are sent out to our employees. We asked them how they do all of this for a lousy $30. They basically told us that the day they transfer the funds from our account to theirs, they earn a days interest from our funds. Multiply that times 330,000 accounts nationwide, and that's some serious bucks. Plus the payroll fee is tax deductable as a professional fee. Go this route if possible, it lets you sleep at night. If you need a number for them, email me.

Mike

GeoffDiamond
03-29-2001, 08:25 PM
If your a small co, go with a payroll service. After you get 10 or more employees you may want to start doing it in house.

Geoff

lawnnut
03-29-2001, 08:33 PM
Quick books also provides this service withj there accounting.

eggy
03-30-2001, 05:14 PM
I do belive a service is the way I will go...my payroll is small..very small....the workers comp policy is the min. amount $7500.00 I hope someone will take me on since it is so small.

site
03-31-2001, 01:25 PM
Find a part time bookkeeper. Mine is self employed and pays my bills and does payroll plus quarterly taxes all for about $80 a week. She charges about $23/ hour. For that price it can't be beat. Takes the pressure off all things financial, and it gets done right and on time. The last thing I want to do at the end of a long day is fight through some tax bill.

eggy
03-31-2001, 03:50 PM
site, 80 a week sound very high.....

Greenkeepers
04-05-2001, 11:05 AM
Eggy -

It sounds like she is doing more than just payroll.. Depending on your area Ahola payroll service is very good as well..

eggy
04-05-2001, 11:47 PM
I would hope..haha...I will look into that company, paychex is sounding good so far.