PDA

View Full Version : Built a "leaf box".

o-so-n-so
11-26-2005, 12:46 AM
This is my new leaf box. Best set up (other than the dump part) I have had yet. Last year, I ran two trucks, one pulling equipment and the other pulling the leaf trailer. I built this to haul the equipment on back (lazer Z & walkbehind) and put the leaves in the box. We can go all day and not fill the box completely which gives me the opportunity to unload with my tractor on my property. The panels will remove in 6 pieces allowing one man to assemble/disassemble without help.

o-so-n-so
11-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Please move to lawn care forum and delete this reply.

thanks........sherrill

mcwlandscaping
11-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Thats an awsome set up, can you get some more pics of it, maybe some of inside the box, of your equipment on there too, etc, i really like it and was something i was thinking about doing next year for when i get my new trailer. Thanks

Mike

o-so-n-so
11-26-2005, 11:23 PM
I will get some pics with the panels removed and with it fully loaded ready to go. The pic of the inside is 4 clean ups we done on the 23rd. One clean up was the first of the season for that property...many leaves. We could have done about 4 more before having to dump. I mulch my leaves before I pick them up which helps on the haul off as well.

mcwlandscaping
11-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Thank you sooo much for the pics, lets me know what i want to do is possible!!

mcwlandscaping
11-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Do you run a leaf loader too, i noticed the hose in the first pic. If so how is it mounted and pics of that would be great too. Thanks

o-so-n-so
11-27-2005, 05:46 PM
No leaf loader. That tube is just throwed up in the box. Its off the Lazer Z.

lawncare18
11-27-2005, 05:56 PM
post some pics of your equipment in action or on the trailer with the box

LLandscaping
11-27-2005, 06:04 PM
That is a nice setup, it should save some time and money not having to drive two trucks. Why did you not set it up for a leaf loader? Are you going to remove the sides in the spring and summer and use the trailer to cut grass?

o-so-n-so
11-28-2005, 08:01 PM
I will get some pics of us in action tomorrow...if its not to wet. Tons of rain here today.

LL.....this is a multi function trailer. I also use it to move my tractor around. I just can't make my 16 footer haul enough leaves with equip. Yea...it is saving me in time and the expenses of operating the other truck. Maybe a leaf loader in the future. For now I have it just right with our method of clean up for our properties.

The only bad thing about this set up is getting a face full of leaf dust when you dump the bags into the trailer...(if the wind is blowing.)

o-so-n-so
12-06-2005, 03:12 AM
a few pics on the way

o-so-n-so
12-06-2005, 03:16 AM
Ran out of daylight on the property in these photos...rained the next several days...will finish today.

o-so-n-so
12-06-2005, 03:18 AM
photo #28 & 37 is one mulch pass with the WB.