Lawn Masters
11-27-2005, 04:55 PM
me too. thats a sweet truck.

SodKing
11-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Thats a kit of weight you can get a 16000#gvw Hino for $37,000

mrusk
11-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Thats a 33kgvw truck for 64k. Thats a smoking deal. Its a real truck unlike f650s or 750s. That truck will last a life time too!

Lawnworks
11-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Thats a 33kgvw truck for 64k. Thats a smoking deal. Its a real truck unlike f650s or 750s. That truck will last a life time too!

I thought it was good deal also. A new F-550 dump is probably near 45k. Hell a king ranch f250 is over 50k and you can't do anything in those except shag your girl in the back seat. When I get one of these bad boys, it will definately be my personal vehicle also!

AintNoFun
11-27-2005, 06:52 PM
thats one sweet pete... a guy around here has a black one with a polished body, its gorgeous...

lawnmaniac883
11-27-2005, 07:42 PM
What the hell would you do with one of those?

sanfordandsonfan
11-27-2005, 08:21 PM
I will tell you what he could do. My friends family owns nine dump trucks, and they make the hell out of some money. I'm talking insane money. Each driver makes forty to fifty thousand dollars a year just driving. The owner of the company wanted to build a new house but there was one hold up, the subdivision rules would not allow him to park his dump truck at his property at anytime. So what does my friends dad do, he bought the entire cul-de-sac so nobody would be able to complain. The lots were $125,000 and he bought three of them. Donated the land back to the subdivision for a park. I hope you get the truck.

wriken
11-27-2005, 08:37 PM
I thought it was good deal also. A new F-550 dump is probably near 45k. Hell a king ranch f250 is over 50k and you can't do anything in those except shag your girl in the back seat. When I get one of these bad boys, it will definately be my personal vehicle also!
My brother just got a king ranck, very close to 54000.00

Lawnworks
11-27-2005, 08:42 PM
What the hell would you do with one of those?

I'll figure that out later!! I know I could put some groceries in the back.

Lawnworks
11-27-2005, 08:43 PM
It does need some bling bling though... those white 22's aint cuttin it.

meets1
11-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Like our local excavator who needs the competiton - I could use the truck. Thing is I would then need a payloader - skid won't lift that high. He hated to see me buy a single axle dump and take away the work I sub to him.

Lawnworks
11-27-2005, 11:25 PM
I think a skid could load it. What kind of gas mileage do yall think it would get?

rbriggs
11-28-2005, 12:16 AM
No need to give your left nut........just give them $64,900. :D

hosejockey2002
11-28-2005, 01:05 AM
You know if you're going to get something that big, you may as well go all out and get a tandem. You have almost twice the payload with a tandem and the operating costs are not much higher. You need a CDL to drive either one, and you definitely aren't going to use either one as a daily driver. The price does seem really good, though. Peterbilts are top of the line trucks.

Gravel Rat
11-28-2005, 01:28 AM
I have to agree a tandem is the way to go a single axle truck is way too limited. You would never have enough work to pay for that truck you can only pack 6 yards.

That would make a good plow truck it is low powered thou a ISC isn't much if it had a ISM it would really benefit the truck then you would have a JAKE brake and more power. Single axle dump trucks lack braking power so you need a JAKE to help them hold back on the hills.

Right now the dealers have 06 Sterling tandem axle dump trucks with 20-46 rears on spring with 16'6" dump 475 Cat 18spd for 138,000 dollars CND which is a fair deal.

Lawnworks
11-28-2005, 08:33 AM
and you definitely aren't going to use either one as a daily driver. .

Why not? People use the International CXT as a daily driver... this is no different.

hosejockey2002
11-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Why not?

Well, let's see. It won't fit through a drive through or into a regular parking spot, most cities will restrict where you can drive it because of it's GVWR, operating costs will be way higher than a pickup, and they are just flat out a lot more work to drive. You can't compare it to the International because they just aren't in the same league. I don't know if you have much truck driving experience, but I've spent enough time behind the wheel of trucks like that (and bigger) to know that it would just suck to try to use one for everyday transportation.

n2h20
11-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Why would you want that little thing? I would go with the tandom, more payload.
Thats like buying a mustang or camaro with a v6

Az Gardener
11-29-2005, 01:01 AM
I can't believe that is what you wasted my time for. I see that title and think Oh this must be something new and innovative, but no A truck !!, your left nut what are you 13, are you kidding me $$$50,000 is insane money, where? Dose'nt sponge bob have a site you can play on? If it was such a great deal it wouldn't be sitting on Billy Bobs buy here-pay here lot. Dimwits To steal a line have a take and don't suck.

Lawnworks
11-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Well, let's see. It won't fit through a drive through or into a regular parking spot, most cities will restrict where you can drive it because of it's GVWR, operating costs will be way higher than a pickup, and they are just flat out a lot more work to drive. You can't compare it to the International because they just aren't in the same league. I don't know if you have much truck driving experience, but I've spent enough time behind the wheel of trucks like that (and bigger) to know that it would just suck to try to use one for everyday transportation.

Oh I am sure you have more experience. I was just thinking it would be close to the same class as that International CXT, and I see people using those as a daily driver. They might be automatic though and under 26,000. I know it would be totally impractical, but one day when 64k is a drop in the bucket... I will have one!

Lawnworks
11-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I can't believe that is what you wasted my time for. I see that title and think Oh this must be something new and innovative, but no A truck !!

What were you expecting... this is the TRUCK AND TRAILER forum!

, your left nut what are you 13, are you kidding me $$$50,000 is insane money, where? Dose'nt sponge bob have a site you can play on? If it was such a great deal it wouldn't be sitting on Billy Bobs buy here-pay here lot.

Did you just lose a bid or something? No sex this month? Why the anger?

Dimwits To steal a line have a take and don't suck.

Ouch! Sorry to waste your time sir!! Please return to making your millions!

South Florida Lawns
11-29-2005, 10:09 PM
What were you expecting... this is the TRUCK AND TRAILER forum!

Did you just lose a bid or something? No sex this month? Why the anger?

Ouch! Sorry to waste your time sir!! Please return to making your millions!

They just don't get it. To them an F 350 is a big truck and a big deal, come on, they just don't understand the need for a rig of that caliber. Those Peterbuilt's are pimp, and to be able to hitch up to any trailer and not have to worry about overloading it, way cool. I think the same as you because I am getting a dump truck tomorrow, and why? I just wan't to have one, I will figure out its use down the road.

Too bad you gotta hit the scales when on the highways, my dump truck will serve as a tow rig for my jeep:p

Lawnworks
11-29-2005, 11:17 PM
I just wan't to have one, I will figure out its use down the road.

LOL hell yeah. What kind of dump are you getting?

hosejockey2002
11-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns
I just wan't to have one, I will figure out its use down the road.

Wish I had the cash to run my biz like that. I'd like to have a big ol' truck like that, but unless you have that box stuffed full of something every day, running down the road and getting paid, it'll put you in the poorhouse.payup

POPO4995
12-25-2005, 02:43 PM
I would love to have one of those but I cant, in any way, justify it. I can justify my F-450 though!!! I love that thing to death!:cool: