PDA

View Full Version : soldier course

hewitt64
03-29-2001, 07:39 PM
actually im wondering if you guys cut the brick itself or just piece it. I always cut one and then move the `next one so the hole course is one.I here they are making already formed courses. Another thing is i was wondering is what is the best retaining wall block you guys use.

Stonehenge
03-29-2001, 10:21 PM
Hewitt, I thought I was with ya, but it seems I'm not. I don't understand what you're asking. What do you mean by 'the hole course is one.' I'm not sure 'one' of what? And pre-formed courses - soldier courses? That seems unlikely, as it'd limit your design ability.

As for retaining wall block, I like Versa-Lok, but will install whatever's required (though I usually at least try to get them to think about Versa-Lok). Pisa II is cool, too, but we don't have much access to it here.

kermit
03-30-2001, 07:06 PM
We used the preformed soldier course by Permacon. It worked great, you could cut any bits that weren't quite right for the curve. They have stopped making it this year, say there wasn't enough market for it. We also use aluminum edging but it is more expensive. We're trying the new Celtic curb this year and i guess we'll see how it works out.

Lanelle
03-30-2001, 11:42 PM
Kermit, have you started using the Celtic edging yet? Its not available here until at least next week. Let me know how you like it.