PDA

View Full Version : Tire Selection

GrassInPA
12-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Guys,

Here is my situation:

I have a '95 S-10 with 4WD that needs new tires. I am seeking more of an all terrain / all season tire. I currently have Michelin LTX M/S tires on there and while they do fine for dry weather and have low road noise they don't seem to do very well off road. I am looking for something that will do well for light off road use. I need something that does well in mud since sometimes I have to go back a road pretty far to dump grass and debris. I have tried BFG All-Terrains before but they seem to drop mileage too much and have high road noise. To summarize it, I'm looking for something with a semi-agressive tread but still low noise and a high tread life. If you need any more information let me know. My tire size is 235 75 15.

Thanks,
Zach

lwcmattlifter
12-01-2005, 01:43 AM
If you are looking for an all terrain tire with passenger car tire road noise forget it. The more aggressive the tread, the more noise you get. That's the trade off.

work_it
12-01-2005, 02:36 AM
If you are looking for an all terrain tire with passenger car tire road noise forget it. The more aggressive the tread, the more noise you get. That's the trade off.
He's right on the money. Not only that but the more aggressive the tire the worse your milage is going to get.

lqmustang
12-01-2005, 10:23 AM
I just put a set of Dunlop RVxt's on my F250. They are highly rated at Tirerack, and so far my personal experience with them has been very good. My mileage has been fine, and they are very quiet for an all-terrain tire. Haven't had them in much snow yet, so the jury is still out on that one. Might be worth a look.

CutNLawns
12-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Look into Yokohama Geolanger AT+II. Very aggressive AT tread that it great in all conditions, quiet, wears good and they are very affordable not to mention they look good too. Another choice is the bridgestone Revo's.

Grassmechanic
12-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Take a look at Cooper Discoverers.

lawnmaniac883
12-01-2005, 08:57 PM
BFG A/T's .................

UNISCAPER
12-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Just put Pirelli Scorpions on a 3500. E rated tired, agressive tread, no road noise and we can inflate them to 85lbs. They are 60,000 mile tires.