PDA

View Full Version : tow package install

ALBsun1
12-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Hell all, I have a toyota tundra that does not have a tow package on it. I have been to a couple toyota dealerships for price quotes, and they want about $700 or so all said and done. Does anyone know of a better solution, or place that would do a quality job like this for less?

Need a Little Trim
12-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Buy your own draw tight and find a local trailer co. that will wire it up for you.

burroughslawnservice
12-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Call your local U-Haul. Than can also install a transmission cooler for you as well. Should be around $300 with hitch and cooler installed.

davidcalhoun
12-01-2005, 02:56 PM
www.etrailer.com

QualityLawnCare4u
12-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Hell all, I have a toyota tundra that does not have a tow package on it. I have been to a couple toyota dealerships for price quotes, and they want about $700 or so all said and done. Does anyone know of a better solution, or place that would do a quality job like this for less?

ALSsun, I have a receiver hitch off of an 05 Tundra I was going to put on e-bay for around 125. You can do much better than 700. What year/model is yours. I could save you some $$ of the receiver hitch but dont know what it would cost to ship. Before I bought the one I have now looked at one that did not have it and was quoted 70 for the cooler(Advance) and 75 to put it on. I got a 05 DC with it already installed so did not have to go that route.

Tadams
12-06-2005, 09:29 AM
The towing package usually consists of a transmission cooler, a reciever hitch and a pigtail wired in for the trailer lights. All three of these are not difficult to install with hand tools. The hardest part might be drilling holes for the reciever hitch. If you think it is too much for you to handle you could take it to a muffler shop or tire shop and they could put it on for you.

Roger
12-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Before researching drilling the holes for the receiver hitch, check to see if the holes aren't already there. My F-250 SD already had the holes drilled. I didn't know that, and spent extra for install. I could have done the bolting myself, but knew I could not drill the holes. The installer did not use any tools, other than wrenches for the hitch.

YardPro
12-10-2005, 08:45 AM
most recievers just bolt on.. no drilling.