PDA

View Full Version : Site down

plsoucy
03-30-2001, 05:37 PM
Lawnsite was down again, starting at 10 PM EST yesterday to 4:30PM EST today...

When I noticed the server was down this morning, I couldn't connect to it to restart it, so I emailed Host Pro technical support. They answered that the problem was only that httpd was down and that I only had to restart it, and didn't even restart it (it takes 10 seconds)... so just got home, saw that and restarted it, now it works. I really hope it will work fine during longer than one day this time!

Sorry!

Pierre-Luc Soucy

1MajorTom
03-30-2001, 05:44 PM
Thanks for getting it back up and running. On a rainy day, it's definitely boring without lawnsite.

bob
03-30-2001, 08:37 PM
Thanks Pierre, your a lifesaver!

Lanelle
03-31-2001, 12:22 AM
Have you mentioned to these people that they aren't winning new friends here with this recurring problem? Thanks for getting it back up again for us!

03-31-2001, 12:50 AM
Pierre - again thank you! Couldn't get my "fix" this morning before heading to work :( - a thought. Are the recent "crash & burn" sessions a result of the site getting bigger & bigger? Just wondering.

plsoucy
03-31-2001, 08:42 AM
75: no, the site is getting bigger but that's far from being a problem, there will always be servers able to host lawnsite.com :) The problem is with the new hosting plan we have with Host Pro, the Freedom server (instead of Vserver ultra), which was supposed to be much faster and better according to what they told us, but in fact is what you see...

Lanelle: I told them everytime the server is crashed, it prevents 10s of people at a time from accessing the site...

Pierre-Luc