PDA

View Full Version : hydroseeding/hydromulching

rider1000
03-30-2001, 11:57 PM
New home construction in my area is booming. Building 550 new homes 2 miles from me and I was thinking of expanding my lawn care business to include hydroseeding/hydromulching. Just wondering how profitable is this business? How much investment is needed for all equipment if doing residential work? Is it easy to sell this service? Appreciate any comments anyone can give. Thanks

Sean Gassman
03-31-2001, 12:23 AM
I would recommed you doing a search and reading all the post about this subject. As far as cost to get started.... it will vary depending on you needs and the market you will serve. Even if you get a small cheaper machine you will need a good truck, machine, and material to start. As far as profit .....yes it can be profitable..anything can when sold correctly. Are you a good salesman? Do you understand the hydro seeding industry? What experience do you have? What is your overhead? If you need help in these areas you might want to check into Hydro Turf Planters Association for membership and help. http://www.htpa.org