PDA

View Full Version : Question

mcwlandscaping
12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
For a service like landscape bed edging, is that a service included in the regular mowing service or is that something seperate, i know that edging of sidewalks and driveways is included but am not sure about this. Second, will a stick edger work for this becuase that is what i can afford. Thanks, more questions soon to come now that i have the frame of mind to think of them for next year.

Next, how is bush and hedge trimming priced? By the hour, plant or what? I know how to do it, just the pricing of it gets me.

One last one, how is bark mulch priced, is it by a set labor rate per cubic yard + the cost of materials, is that right?

mcwlandscaping
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
38 views, anyone have a response?

turfcobob
12-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Bed edging is not part of a regular service...First make it clear to the customer exactly what is in your service..You say sidewalk edging is standard well what about a sidewalk or curb that is totolly overgrown etc, etc. Make it clear or you could be in for alot of extra work...

Bed edging, tree rings and etc are generally considered extra services. Sidewalks and curbs that you can do with a string trimmer may be standard but it is a whole new game if you have to start moving dirt and takes a whole different machine not a string trimmer.

Green-Pro
12-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Bed edging is a separate service I offer, usually for the initial edge .85 per foot residential and .25 per foot there after to maintain. Commercial props are a flat fee of $1.00 per foot.

As far as edging as part of regular mowing service we do offer this but it does increase the price of the weekly/monthly fee for a cut. Our basic service is simply mow, trim, power blow & go. Most clients (with the exception of commercial) could really care less about edging driveways and sidewalks. We do sell a lot of bed edging for residential though.