PDA

View Full Version : Supply Yard Pics

Gene $immons
12-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Hello! Would any of you be willing to show some pics of your supply yards? I am expanding my operation to a larger piece of land, and have been considering opening a supply yard.

I was also wondering if this opens up a whole new set of rules regarding the sales tax reporting off of what you are selling.

Thanks!

sunnysunrise
12-16-2005, 08:07 PM
You can check out my web site at www.mulchormoreinc.com There are picture of my yard there.
Let me know what you think:rolleyes:

mcwlandscaping
12-19-2005, 04:08 PM
You can check out my web site at www.mulchormoreinc.com There are picture of my yard there.
Let me know what you think:rolleyes:
I like it, the intro to the site was very neat and unique, ide shop there!! Good job

DUSTYCEDAR
12-19-2005, 04:41 PM
nice page u have there

allinearth
12-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Very nice!

beautifullawns
12-20-2005, 06:56 PM
here is a pic of my sand/salt and salt pile. I plan to have mulch, loam and stone next year setup in the same type bins.

beautifullawns
12-20-2005, 06:57 PM
another look. never got the sand/salt full bin done yet. but it is coming

SodKing
12-20-2005, 06:58 PM
That looks veeerrrryyyyy familiar...;)

SLSNursery
12-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi -

If you go to the Soundview link in my signature, there are plenty of pictures throughout the website. If you go to the Company Info section, and click on pictures (on the right side) there are some more. The pictures show the yard, nursery, bins, piles, and some equipment. The pictures are a couple of years old, but they are ok. A couple show how we have set up the yard, and can have 4 trailers offload mulch at one time. This is pretty useful, especially in the Spring. That layout, with a lot of space near the main bins can allow 1/2 dozen contractors to line up at one time without being in the way of each other. We also made the building drive through for loading hardgoods, but we found that it is easier to have guys back into whichever bay holds the product.

allinearth
12-21-2005, 10:12 PM
How much do you pay for the bin blocks and approx how much do they weigh?

SLSNursery
12-22-2005, 07:45 AM
We have purchased several thousand blocks over the years and the prices have ranged from in the $20s into the $40s. When we get a deal on2x3x4 blocks, I'll buy a bunch and then sometimes even sell them. One at a time from our shop we get $55-65 each. The cost of the block isn't always a major cost factor though, since they weigh about 3800# each, freight and handling is a major factor. This limits the amount that can be legally transported, and you need to be able to unload them. If you can unload them quickly, that is even better. Basically we hire flatbed tractor trailers to haul for us, and they'll get about 14 per load. We used to unload with a forklift and/or backhoe. Now we use an excavator, which makes it quick, sometimes 2 at a time. When the meter is running for trucking, that makes the most sense. However, if you don't have a machine, or can't get one easily, this will add substantially to the cost. The only way to cost average down would be to get a large number of blocks so the setup and delivery costs are spread over that number, rather than all that effort for just a few blocks.

beautifullawns
12-22-2005, 09:28 AM
They cost $20 and are 6'x2'x2' and weigh about 3000lbs.

Travel'n Trees
01-12-2006, 05:36 AM
You need pictures of Suburban lawn and Garden in Kansas city. Money no object!

tiedeman
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
They cost $20 and are 6'x2'x2' and weigh about 3000lbs.

really only $20..man I thought they would be a lot more

paolaken
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
You need pictures of Suburban lawn and Garden in Kansas city. Money no object!
ya it's very nice isn't it. i almost don't go there anymore because its to nice. i like sloshing around in the mud and dirt.

J&R Landscaping
01-24-2006, 09:35 PM
SLS-
That website is very impressive!!! Good Work!!!

Joe
J&R Lawn and Landscaping

SLSNursery
01-25-2006, 09:48 PM
I appreciate the compliment. We put a lot of sweat into the yard. Mostly we sell to landscapers and construction companies, so the yard is truck friendly. We do get walk in customers occasionally. Stop in if you are ever in Connecticut.

sheshovel
01-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey there is a kid looking for a whole bunch of tree's he's in PA but for the amount he wants you might want to contact him..In the Planting Bid thread