PDA

View Full Version : Direct Mail Question

ztrguy
12-08-2005, 10:08 PM
For those of you that send out letters to businesses and commercial properties, what do you put for the name on the letter? Property Manager? etc

I'm wanting to send out letters but I'm not sure how to address them. So how do you guys address them?

Thanks for the help!

1MajorTom
12-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Years ago, I had addressed the letters as property manager, or restaurant manager, or some generic term describing the person in charge. We never got calls back, I believe they were just thrown in the trash, just my guess.
So now if we are interested in a certain business, I will make a phone call to get the name of the manager or the person in charge, it helps to personalize the letter.

dsmrolla06
12-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes you do need to address it as to get it to the right person, otherwise noone may even see it, especially in large companies. What im going to do is set aside, say half hour a day to start doing prospecting. Start calling, getting names and sending out letters. My whole family has ties to the real estate market, so i take what i can learn from them. Prospecting, cold calls, and followup are huge in that industry.

walker-talker
12-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Facilities manager wouild be another title. For something like this it is always to dress up in some decent duds and make a personal visit. Be well groomed and most importantly, well spoken.