PDA

View Full Version : Tip Of The Day - 12/9/05 - Wrong

Sean Adams
12-09-2005, 04:41 PM
To avoid making enemies and upsetting the people you work with and who work for you, never flat out tell someone - "you are wrong"...

If you must criticize someone do it with honest praise and appreciation... and if criticism is necessary, call attention to people's mistakes indirectly...even talk about your own mistakes before pointing out someone else's...

Now before you say I'm crazy or argue with me, these tidbits of information are from a very famous and well read book...

Anyone know the book I am referring to?

Green-Pro
12-09-2005, 04:59 PM
To avoid making enemies and upsetting the people you work with and who work for you, never flat out tell someone - "you are wrong"...

If you must criticize someone do it with honest praise and appreciation... and if criticism is necessary, call attention to people's mistakes indirectly...even talk about your own mistakes before pointing out someone else's...

Now before you say I'm crazy or argue with me, these tidbits of information are from a very famous and well read book...

The Bible? Book of Matthew "Before pointing out the speck in your neighbors eye first remove the plank from your own"

Matthew 7:3-5

vanguard
12-09-2005, 07:37 PM

How to Win Friends And Influence People :rolleyes:

Sean Adams
12-09-2005, 09:15 PM
vanguard has it, but can't argue with Green-Pro either

vanguard
12-10-2005, 12:39 PM
So do I win a LAWNSITE tee shirt? :D