PDA

View Full Version : How do you insert yellow page listings?

Bay de Noc Lawn Car
12-09-2005, 05:32 PM
....I know I need to meet with a advertising agent that sells the adds. My question is who do I list with? (there are three yellow pages here) ....Is it possible to get a listing in each without getting charged an arm and two and a half legs?

Is there a common agent?

Thanks

lawnman_scott
12-09-2005, 09:42 PM
No go with the big one. Verizon, ect. Whatever the phone co there is, thats the one. These other small companies are ripoffs. Go with the one you use, and the rate will vary depending on the amount of books delivered, or the population.

Bay de Noc Lawn Car
12-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks. The two big ones here are SBC and Yellow book. I am not sure which one is bigger.

cochino12
12-09-2005, 11:05 PM
I think in your area SBC is bigger, but dont waste money on just a listing. Think of a listing as applying for a job with only your name and number on your resume. If you dont have the $$ for a REAL presence in the book your money will be better spent on another avenue of advertising. Good luck

walker-talker
12-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I have gone with the Yellow Book the past few years and it hasn't done much. I went with them because it's always been cheaper. I added listing in the bigger one....SBC and received 3X as many calls as I do from Yellow Book in the fall. I can't wait to see what kind of response I get next spring. Oh, by the way, for the same sized ad, SBC was $4 cheaper per month....which is a first.

rbriggs
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
I know many of you had had good ROI with your yellow page ads. I can say honestlty that we've had very poor luck with yellow page advertising. Maybe its the field we are in.

Jpocket
12-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I think if nothing else the Yellow pages adds credibility to your business, when people see you right next to the big boys of your area, it's makes you look better than not being there at all.