PDA

View Full Version : Toastmasters International

dsmrolla06
12-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Is anyone a member of TI, or have had any experience with them. Im thinking about joining to work on speaking and management communication, and was just looking for some feedback on it.

Green-Pro
12-10-2005, 09:42 AM
I was not personally a member, but in my previous employment it was a popular org. to belong to and I believe many people, especially those not comfortable with public speaking, gained a lot from participating. IMO they offer a great setting for learning and practicing the art of public speaking, especially from a business standpoint. I believe it would be nothing short of a benefit to you as a business owner to join an org. like this especially during the off season.
I am part of a local group similar in nature but not affiliated with TI, I say go for it:waving:

dsmrolla06
12-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes i think i am going to. Its somewhat awkward trying to talk to people 20,30,40 years older than me. Ive never really have done any public speaking and i have not taking any speech classes so i think this should be a big benefit in the long run.

Wells
12-10-2005, 02:33 PM
I went through the "Toastmaster International" program about 6 years ago. The employer that I was working for at the time was really into it everyone in the company was encouraged to attend.

It was one of the best programs i've personally been through as it help me over come my fear of public speaking and helped me develop better communication skills. I would highly recommend it if you have the opportunity.