PDA

View Full Version : Outsourcing payroll and billing

KCLandscape
12-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Does anyone do this, either to a person or a company. f you d what are the going rates?? If you dont why not?? I am thinking of doing thi next year with a local company (noy in another country!). Thanks for your help
Nate

LB1234
12-10-2005, 12:07 PM
pay someone to do it. About 40 bucks per pay period (we only have one employee, biweekly payroll). they file ALL taxes.

rodfather
12-10-2005, 05:07 PM
We outsource payroll...runs like $30 a week or so. Best thing we ever did IMO.

lafrance4078
12-10-2005, 07:01 PM
I am going to hire at least 1 employee this season and have been looking into the payroll portion of things(as far as taxes and paper work.) From what I can tell, Quickbooks by Intuit will handle pretty much everything. With that and my CPA, I don't think it will be to much of a problem. If you are going to outsource it, what are your reasons. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture.

LB1234
12-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Here's how much work I do for my outsourced payroll...

(1) Call company on Wednesday with employees previous two weeks hours. Indicate any bonuses, reimbursements, etc.

(2) Check arrives in my office Thursday.

(3) I enter check into quickbooks.

(4) Sign and hand check to employee.

It IS that simple. I get 1/4 statements. They file EVERYTHING for me. any mistakes in filing are on them, my only responsibility is providing them with the hours.

mtdman
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
I outsource my payroll with quickbooks. All I have to do is enter the timesheet, send it off to quickbooks, and they file all the taxes. I print out a paystubb and write the check myself. It costs me like $75 per month paying twice a month. Excellent value.

KCLandscape
12-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Bump it up so everyone gets a chance...