PDA

View Full Version : FORD vs. DODGE

CLARK LAWN
12-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Im looking for at two dump trucks one ford one dodge both are about the same money ford is 95 F350 4x4 5speed with 7.5 (460cid) dodge is 2000 3500 2wd 5 speed with a 5.9 (360) same bed one both both in very good cond. any info pro/con on either would be appreciated. thank you.

lawnsbyrj
12-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Is the dodge a diesel, if so get it quick, if not and you do not need 4x4 the newer the better, the ford will have much much more power but that takes a large load really notice the power diffrence.

Lawn Masters
12-12-2005, 04:58 PM
The 460, will keep you at the pump more than the 5.9 will. remember, the 5.9 is a diesel, the 460 is a gasser, and VERY big. go with the diesel and enjoy the power.

CLARK LAWN
12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
dodge is a 5.9 gas also dodge has 71000 miles on it the ford has 54000

Jpocket
12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't buy either, the Ford is a tad older than I would buy and the DOdge would be perfect but it's 2wd. Now if the Ford was a Diesel and the Dodge was a 4wd it would be a draw evn though Im not a Ford man, they do make nice trucks (Nothin like the Heartbeat:) )

dcondon
12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
If you want a real truck, go with the FORD!!!!!!!! JMO:waving:

Lawn Masters
12-12-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm a ford man through and through, though I prefer the 351 motors to the 460, only cause I dont have a need for a 460CI engine.

lawnmaniac883
12-12-2005, 07:47 PM
You def. need 4wd for plowing, dont need a 460 gass guzzler though...walk from both.

Gravel Rat
12-12-2005, 08:57 PM
The 360 Dodge gas is a PIG on fuel a young lady I work with time to time her dad has a 99 2500 4x4 the truck is 360 automatic at best it gets 8mpg and it has no power.

The 460 will get 8-10mpg it has enough pulling power I have had a F-450 with 460 5spd with the truck grossing 17,000lbs the truck went along fine. I did get tired of putting fuel into the truck every time you pass a gas station the truck automatically turns into the gas station. The farther you pushed your right foot down faster the fuel gauge needle dropped.

One thing I was told if you have a 1/4 tank of gas you are not going very far I always had to keep the tank full because the nearest gas station to my house is 6kms (3.7) miles. The next station is 20kms (12.5) miles away there is no hope in h*ll you could make it there on 1/4 of a tank.

If your looking for a dump look for a diesel if its a Ford 88 and newwer if its a Chev anything with a Duramax the 6.5 and 6.2 Diesels are turds as for Dodge you will be hard pressed to find truck with a dump. If you do its a P/U with a dump body which isn't what you want.

If your looking at Chebbys they should be gas pots as the 6.2 is a gutless wonder and the 6.5 will leave its crankshaft in the middle of the road if you push the engine too hard. The Duramax is a vast improvement even thou I'am not a big fan of aluminum heads on a cast iron block and on a diesel the Duramax hasn't had the major engine failures like the 6.5.

The Dodge trucks are junk period the only thing worth of value is the Cummins otherwise the rest is worthless.

You don't want to buy a dump truck that is just a dually P/U with the box removed and a 8' mason box installed on it. The Chassis on a P/U isn't strong enough the rear suspension is too light. A true cab and chassis with a 60" Cab axle is what you want for a 8' box and 84 cab axle for a 10-11-12' box.

As for 4wheeldrive its worth every penny I wish I had 4wheeldrive as I live in a rural area my 95 F-450 is 2wd it goes no where in the snow which really doesn't bother me. Its when you get stuck in mud or soft ground is why I want 4wheeldrive the one wheel spin wonder gets frustrating at times.

A 2wd is okay for if you spend allot of time on pavement and you don't live in snow country where it starts snowing in Novemeber and doesn't go away till May. The one drawback of a 2wd is the no ground clearance you may not feel thats a big deal but it can be. A good set of traction tires on a 2wd will get you though most situations.

Lawnworks
12-13-2005, 08:39 AM
The Dodge trucks are junk period the only thing worth of value is the Cummins otherwise the rest is worthless.

I agree w/ everything except this comment. This is really not true. He is old fart and cannot admit Dodge's have changed since the 1970-1980s. My Dodge 3500 cummins is still running everyday w/ 292,000 miles. The only thing I have done this year is battery and oil changes. But really your best bet would be a ford w/ a dedicated dump body. They are easy to find, but I would not buy a gas engine.

lawnsbyrj
12-13-2005, 08:48 AM
wow DODGE is crap and no one whould have one, hahahaha
more Chevy people around here are going with Dodge as a uprade.
I would doubt the 360 only getting 8mpg I have one in my barracuda that has a cam and makes 340 hp give or take and it gets 12 mpg on the high way with my lead foot. but a stack 5-8 magnum is not the greatest motor, it makes less power than the smallest v8 avalible on a dodge now.
secong not many landscapers have a need for much more than a standard 1 ton dually with a flat bed dump, it makes a very versitlie truck.

Travis Followell
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Gravel Rat, the reason that dodge 360 only gets 8 mpg and has no power is because it needs a good tune up.

lawnmaniac883
12-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Agree with lawnworks on the dodge comment. They make excellent trucks nowadays, long as you have the 6banger tranny. Ford with dump body prolly is a good idea overall.

climber
12-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Is the dodge a diesel, if so get it quick, if not and you do not need 4x4 the newer the better, the ford will have much much more power but that takes a large load really notice the power diffrence.

You do not need 4x4, are you crazy. That the best invention put into a vehicle. He lives in Ohio he gets snow. He probably pulls some kind of trailer too! Up here in the North East its a neccessity.

Gravel Rat
12-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Its a common problem with the Dodge trucks with 360 power the dealer has a bunch of people with the same problem that they have tried to fix. The guy does drive the truck pretty hard and we have steep hills aka 8% grades. The same truck has gone through 3 rear ends,1.5 transmissions,front suspension twice.

The gov't bought a fleet of Dodge 2500 4x4 reg cab 99-2002 trucks they were used for the utility companies and enviroment etc. The trucks were spec'ed with 360s auto and 5spds the gov't got rid of them because the trucks were pigs on fuel plus they fell apart. The gov't employees that drove the trucks said the frames cracked, the front suspension and front axles were rebuilt couple times,brake problems and they said the trucks burned tons of fuel.

The gov't sold some the trucks the rest went to the crusher or autowreckers they went back to Chev and Ford. The gov't bought mostly Chevs in the previous years Dodge gave a better bid but it turned out the trucks cost more to repair and burned so much fuel it ended up costing more money buying Dodge P/U trucks.

Lawnworks
12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
LOL... well I am sure the same would have happened w/ Chevy and Dodge. If the frame cracks or you have a problem w/ a solid front axle... you need to get a bigger truck? Why the hate toward dodge gravel rat? Did a dodge pass you pulling a bigger load? :D

lawnsbyrj
12-13-2005, 09:35 PM
LOL... well I am sure the same would have happened w/ Chevy and Dodge. If the frame cracks or you have a problem w/ a solid front axle... you need to get a bigger truck? Why the hate toward dodge gravel rat? Did a dodge pass you pulling a bigger load? :D
ok well i have a little 5.2L (318) auto and it gets 12mpg pulling my 16 ft with 3 mowers. and pulls OK but its what i can afford. and as far as snow round here it is ice or nothing so if ya need 4X4 GET IT. round here it is not a must we just dont have snow volume to buy them ( we use them for mud and play :)
and most chevys are indy front susp. where dodges are straight axle. in 1 tons at least

Gravel Rat
12-13-2005, 09:51 PM
These Dodge trucks that gov't owns are not overloaded they are used for work trucks either it be the hydro company or forest industry these trucks see alot of back roads use. They are not the only ones with frame problems the resource industy contractors tried Dodge trucks they fell apart fast. The trucks with the 4 link suspensions had problems with the bushings wearing out and the spring bucket breaking off the frame.

Dodge has pretty much been junk from day one its why you only see heavy industries buy Ford and Chev trucks.

You look at the mining operations here they own either Ford or Chev the Dodge can't stand up to the off road useage. The forest industry uses P/U trucks there is thousands of them in the bush you very rare see a Dodge they are not reliable end up with busted or bent frames.

When you have employees making 25-30 dollars per hour you need reliable P/U trucks to get the employees into the back woods where they are working.

The P/Us spend 60% off road and 40% on road some P/U trucks are 100% offroad they are sometimes bought brandnew and taken into different camps and rarely see a paved road.

You want to see a testiment to old Ford trucks look at some of the old early 80s Fords F-250s F-350s that were bought for one purpose for work trucks carrying tools in Forestry operations. These trucks still run every day they see more abuse than anything else traveling over very rough roads the transfer case is rarely taken out of 4 low.

Like I said contractors tried Dodge P/Us they lasted for a couple years and they were junk the old Fords and Chevs last for 10 plus years.

Lawnworks
12-13-2005, 10:01 PM
lol lol lol Dodge's are not junk buddy. Sorry I have to be the one to enlighten you. I could give you antidotal evidence like you provided against ford and chevy, but it is pointless and stupid. Nowadays Dodge, Chevy, and Ford all make quality vehicles. One is not better than the other... you have your preference and I have mine, but don't call dodge junk b/c you "heard about it at the fill- up station." How many ford trucks do you have in your fleet?

Jimbo046
12-13-2005, 10:27 PM
You know i even bashed dodge for years!!! I always wanted a Cummins turbo diesel though. Finally i bought one about 4 years ago, it was a 6-7 year old 2500 auto 4x4 7.5 meyer plow and 60k on it. After a bought it I just couldn't believe I bought an auto. I always heard dodge trans are terrible, you'll be rebuilding it before you know it etc etc. When today It has 109,000 miles on it, not a record i know but trans is fine truck pulls 10 to 11,000 pond loads on occasion and I always pulling our enclosed trailer about 4500 lbs. I always thought ford built a better truck. My friend has about 10 fords from 350 to 550's 3 of his 4 350 picks have had the transmissions replaced (autos) with in the first 20k. @ of my friends torn out ford 5 spds manuals??? a manual goes out? rediculus. also may dads company bought 2 f-550's ford deleveried them and the transmissions didn't even work befor they could get back from mcdonalds, 90K in 2 trucks and they couldn't even used them. Ford didn't have and couldn't get parts because dealers weren't even stocking that new of part. they had to take parts off the assembly line took 3 weeks. a month ago I drove one of my friends 550 on the trip about 700 miles hauling only a empty 2600 trailer, and it i got between 9.999 and 10.6 miles per gallon!!!!!!!! power stroke diesel with 9000 miles on it??? My dodge neve got below 12 most the time 14-15 loaded or unloaded.

Gravel Rat
12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Just the one forestry contractor in this area has 20 Ford 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4 trucks that prolly see more time offroad than your truck spends on a cushy paved road. My familly has owned nothing but Ford trucks for the last 30 years. This area is pretty much Ford country if your in any kind of heavy industry you own a Ford truck.

I have been trucking with Ford 1 ton trucks for 15 years does your Dodge trucks have a 6000lb payload capacity probably not. Do you put 8000lbs on your Dodge trucks like I put on my F-450 probably not. Do you pull 10% grades with your truck probably not. Does the steer tires on your truck only last 11,000 miles because the roads are twisty and it peals tires of probably not.

Trust me I have been around trucking long enough and know what abuse a truck can take. Dodge doesn't even produce a cab and chassis truck they don't produce a F-450 for the North American market.

Just because you pack lawn mowers in your Dodge that doesn't make it a work truck. You look at a forestry contractors truck it carrys a 100 imperial gallon fuel tank full of fuel then they carry another couple hundred pounds in tools. The bush roads have 12% grades the roads consist of blasted rock its rough the rock is sharp enough to gash your hand open if you ever fell on it.

South Florida Lawns
12-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Dodges are nice and like lawnworks my buddy has one 12v cummins with close to 600,000 miles on it. Been in three trucks and now in a jeep, simply will not die very commercial built engines. Fords are more common and in my area can be had for cheap.

Randy J
12-14-2005, 07:31 AM

You have to consider the source. Just about the only posts I have seen from Gravel is bashing Dodge. I do like your last question Lawnworks.
I have owned both a '98 Dodge, and a '97 Ford - both diesel. The Dodge had much less problems than the Ford, and got much better fuel mileage. In all fairness the Ford did have duals, where the Dodge was SRW - but the weight of the 2 was just about equal. I also had a Dodge with a 360 that got 15-16 mpg combined city/highway. The 360 is a good reliable engine, fuel mileage isn't bad, but it is a little weak. In my opinion, for a 1 ton truck you can't go wrong with a Dodge. The reason why you don't see any heavier duty Dodges in service is because Dodge doesn't sell them in the US - which is too bad!
In response to your question, I would look at which has had the better maintenance/which is in better condition and go with that one. If it were me however, I would hold out for a good diesel (Dodge). It will do much better pulling a trailer and get much better fuel mileage. I wouldn't be afraid of buying a Dodge diesel with well over 100,000 miles. The bad news is everyone else - except Gravel, feels the same. You'll pay a premium for a good condition Dodge diesel.

Lawnworks
12-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Just the one forestry contractor in this area has 20 Ford 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4 trucks that prolly see more time offroad than your truck spends on a cushy paved road. My familly has owned nothing but Ford trucks for the last 30 years. This area is pretty much Ford country if your in any kind of heavy industry you own a Ford truck.

I have been trucking with Ford 1 ton trucks for 15 years does your Dodge trucks have a 6000lb payload capacity probably not. Do you put 8000lbs on your Dodge trucks like I put on my F-450 probably not. Do you pull 10% grades with your truck probably not. Does the steer tires on your truck only last 11,000 miles because the roads are twisty and it peals tires of probably not.

Trust me I have been around trucking long enough and know what abuse a truck can take. Dodge doesn't even produce a cab and chassis truck they don't produce a F-450 for the North American market.

Just because you pack lawn mowers in your Dodge that doesn't make it a work truck. You look at a forestry contractors truck it carrys a 100 imperial gallon fuel tank full of fuel then they carry another couple hundred pounds in tools. The bush roads have 12% grades the roads consist of blasted rock its rough the rock is sharp enough to gash your hand open if you ever fell on it.

Hey gravel rat... take a look at my dodge. This truck is a two wheel drive, solid front axle, cab and chassis. Sucks to wrong doesn't it? I bet this truck could haul just as much as your Ford F450! Gonna hook up a backhoe next week.

Lawnworks
12-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Dodges are nice and like lawnworks my buddy has one 12v cummins with close to 600,000 miles on it. Been in three trucks and now in a jeep, simply will not die very commercial built engines. Fords are more common and in my area can be had for cheap.

Yeah, I just don't understand why some people just have to be a$$es?? They all make decent trucks and they all have their problems.

lawnsbyrj
12-14-2005, 01:49 PM
f 450 and a dodge 3500 are very very very very diffrent tell me when you see a 1.25 ton dodge that is not very very new I have only seen 3 and all of them were rollback trucks.

when you compare trucks, cars, mowers etc you can not go on my 1st ________ (brand) was crap or my dads first was crap. if a large group of people use a brand then it works well for them.
Most Lawn Care outfits do not need a 4x4 that will last through 200,000 miles of mud bogs and etc. they need a solid relaible truck that can mostly put road miles and maybe get them to a clean up or a deer stand sometimes.

Metro Lawn
12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Nobody is a bigger Dodge fan than I am. We have 14 trucks and 13 are Dodge. I will stand behind them 100% with the exception of the first era of overdrive transmissions. My own truck up until last year was a 2001 2500 4x4 360 (5.9) with an auto trans. The truck had plenty of power and still averaged over 12 mpg city/hwy combo and around 17 hwy. Our D350 Dump with 3 yds of topsoil and pulling a trailer with a 7000 lb loader, does just fine with a 360.

RedWingsDet
12-14-2005, 02:46 PM
IMO they're all the same, and each manufacture has their own flaws, its mainly just a matter of price, and little crap that I could careless about like manual windows vs power windows. Personally, I'll buy the cheapest, I like em all, and as long as its american ill buy it.

Gravel Rat
12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Lawnworks nice truck those what you have are rare but they won't carry the same weight as a OBS Ford F-450 or 99 and newer 450. I have talked to a cartage guy that has one of those trucks he says max 4000lbs he will carry. I looked that the rear springs they are too light.

The 95 F-450 I have which is standard has a 11,000lb Dana 80, 5000lb reverse elliot front axle with a 15,000lb gvw with 16" wheels rated at 3000lbs each and leaf springs on all 4 corners. You Dodge at most has a 12,000lb gvw your legal payload is only 4000lbs my legal payload is 6600lbs.

There is no way you could put 8000lbs of gravel on that Dodge and navigate the 6-8% grades we have here. The truck has smaller front disk brakes and drums on the back. The rear springs in your truck look like 3/4 ton springs compared to a F-450.

Trust me if Dodge made a good truck they would be used for Tow Trucks,Ambulances and other purposes.

The loads of lumber I haul would prolly lift the front wheels off the ground on your Dodge. I hauled logs that were close to 40"s in diameter and 16' long only could haul one at a time.

Sure you guys can overload your trucks but you roads are just as flat as a table your dog can run away from home and you can still see him running. You guys brag it up that you can pull a huge trailer h*ll any truck can do that when your on flat ground you think you want to try that on a 10% grade going down it with your brakes not working because they are on the verge of catching on fire.

Hey when you guys travel on public roads where you have to go down them in first gear with a loaded truck say 15,000lbs like mine you know they are steep. Some places have roads so steep that no truck with a gvw greater than a regular 3/4 ton isn't allowed down them. We have driveways here that are steep enough with the brakes on the truck will slide on the tires.

There are concrete driveways steep enough you need 4wheeldrive to climb them.

Just giving you a idea on what kind of terrian I have to haul on it also gives you a idea where the places the local landscapers have to go. Many of them are going to 4wheeldrive work trucks now because the newer places being built are in tougher spots. Their driveways are steep and slippery no way you could pull a trailer up them so everything is packed in the truck.

CLARK LAWN
12-14-2005, 04:40 PM
i just came across an 89 F350 4x4 diesel has the 7.3 no turbo in info on these

lawnmaniac883
12-14-2005, 05:45 PM
I thought most govt work used ford or chebbys cuz they could be ordered with different bed styles i.e. dump/work. GO FIGURE, the new dodge powerwagons have a really nice suspension on them for offroad use that chevy and ford cant compete with imo.

M RASCOE&SONS
12-14-2005, 06:32 PM
to be honest if your gonna use this truck everyday for work take a look at the new ones first ,they are gonna be much more expensive but in the long run you will probably save boatloads and instead of shelling all of it out on one truck put half down of what you were gonna spend on the used and let the other half pay payments until it starts making it back.the only reason i say new over used in this situation is your gonna get a good % rate to buy these trucks (i did with my 3500 4x4 masondump 0% for 60 months gmac) and you get warranty with it..good luck and let me know what you do maybe i can help.by the way don mallons chevy in norwich connecticut is selling the same thing i got for like 31k brand new after rebate,not bad for a 4x4 chevy masondump with ac ,6.0 gas ..

YardPro
12-14-2005, 07:15 PM
i am very much not brand loyal... i think they all have thier fualts.. I have owned all brands for my business....

BUT....
dodge holds its value the least for a reason...
all the dodges i have had had more problems than the other comprable brands i owned... BUT i love thier body styles... the older (80's) 4x4's looked awesome.. and when they came out with the "semi" look in the mid 90's.. wow.....................

gravel rat is correct in the statement that the forestry service bought a bunch of dodges a while back.... we have them here... the service has had the dreaded transmission failures.. but no problems with the motor.. the cummings is a tank..... much better than the converted 350 that chevy tried (what were they thinking)

MOOSE
12-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll tell u why any truck is not like they were years ago. ELECTRONICS

The transmissions in the trucks now go out quicker cuz there all electronic powered garbage. My 2001 Dodge 1500 trans has had 2 rebuilds, One before I bought it and I did one. The truck also goes thru ball joints.

I have a 1990 Ford F-250 with the E40d trans and its garbage too! Look at the 4wd switching mechanisms on the trucks now, there push button. Chevy is known for theres to go bad. So It's your prefence on manufactuer of todays trucks.

Honestly, I prefer Dodge's. If I could find an old Dodge in Mint condition I would buy it and use it for my daily driver.

South Florida Lawns
12-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Hey gravel rat... take a look at my dodge. This truck is a two wheel drive, solid front axle, cab and chassis. Sucks to wrong doesn't it? I bet this truck could haul just as much as your Ford F450! Gonna hook up a backhoe next week.

I don't mean to get technical but the 2wd's have independent front axles. Nice rig BTW. Have you seen the 4000 dodge chassis cab? Think it might be coming out here next year.

lawnsbyrj
12-14-2005, 09:15 PM
ram 4500 is avalible as a roll back i know I have seen a few 2005's very few but a few.

Gravel Rat
12-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Dodge makes a 1.5 ton truck but its only in the Mexican market something todo with the gov't bailing out Chrysler back in the 80s when they were going T/U.

The older Dodge 250s and 350s (Brick body style) with the old style driveline ie straight axles (dana 60-60 and 70-60) had good axles and transfer case but the frame was a weak point plus the suspension was under sprung. You see any of the old Dodge Cummins 4x4s with the azz end dragging on the ground because the rear suspension was designed for a 1/2 ton. Another problem Dodge had was the body rattled off when running over the rough logging roads.

The Forestry had problems with the older Chevs (pre IFS) with the hoods splitting down the center they also had the steering box problem. They were tough trucks. The newer Chev 4x4s are mainly used for Formans trucks that never seen the heavy offroad the IFS trucks don't have the ground clearance.

Ever since Ford started building the F-450 4x4s you see alot more of them they replaced the overloaded F-350 dually 4x4s that had utility bodies on them.

Lawnworks
12-14-2005, 10:22 PM
I don't mean to get technical but the 2wd's have independent front axles. Nice rig BTW. Have you seen the 4000 dodge chassis cab? Think it might be coming out here next year.

Yeah the cab and chassis models that are 2wd have a solid front axle.

Lawnworks
12-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Are those 16" wheels on that 4000? I love how 19.5" wheels look on f-450s.

South Florida Lawns
12-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Yeah the cab and chassis models that are 2wd have a solid front axle.

Thats right. Just like the medium duty trucks. Thats so commercial.

zim bob the landscaper
12-18-2005, 01:41 AM
even though i dont care much for fords there an ok truck my dad used one mostly f-350s when he worked for my great uncle hten we tool over part of the biz i liked the f-350 picl up more than the dump the dump sucked it leaked hidrolic fluid it went in the shop 4 times but thats nothing compared what i heard about dodge so i say ford is the better truck

Lawnworks
12-18-2005, 09:33 AM
lol lol... word of wisdom!!! Thanks zim bob! I think it is time for Barney... I am sure you don't want to miss it!

muddstopper
12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Mines bigger than yours, Mines better than yours, Bla, Bla Bla. Buy what you like and forget the rest. My fleet is all chevy, 2-3500's, 1-4500, 1 C6500. My wifes truck is a 2500 dodge. Shes been hooked on dodge since i bought my first new one in 1987. durn truck just wouldnt die, sons tore down a few mailboxes and a pine tree and finally killed it, the truck that is. Personally I wouldnt have a ford diesel, cant stand the racket, I know someone here is going to say the newer ones are quieter, My brother has a new ford PS and I can guarantee you my new 4500 duramax is quieter. He likes his ford and I like the chevy, whos right, we both are. If dodge gets a larger size truck i will probably own one of them to. In fact if they had one on the market I probably wouldnt have the Duramax now. Wife has purse strings and she like the dodges. I do drive a ford car everywhere I go. Chevy and dodge just cant seem to be able to put comfort and fuel economy together. I think ford is loseing the concept as well.

rancherman84
12-18-2005, 01:32 PM
why do you people want a quiet diesel:confused: diesel are loud,thats the way it is,you start adding all that electronic junk to make them quiet and then you complain that it cost to much to fix:mad:
when you get in the cab of any newer diesel you can hardly hear them anyway.
personaly i can deal with a little diesel rattle when i get twice the economy,engine life,and power of a gas sucker.
and my truck is 14 years old:drinkup:

RedWingsDet
12-18-2005, 01:34 PM
I love the sound of diesels, maybe when im old I wont like the noise as much, but I wish I had a diesel!

Travis Followell
12-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Yea I agree, who wants a quiet diesel? I love the sound that diesel engines make. Most people do.