PDA

View Full Version : Accept Credit cards?

The Turfinator
12-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I own and operate a small and growing application business and was thinking of accepting credit cards. My only thought is my that customers who pay by check will now use there credit card and cost me 2% of my revenue and $20per mo., on the other hand I may get paid faster and attract more customers. Has anyone had an increase in sales from credit cards? Please share your experiences.
Thank you

nephilim0167
12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
You could always raise prices a buck per client to pay for the credit card use. You could always offer accept PayPal also. But remember - they also charge for their use. It's like .80 cents for every 20 dollars or something like that. Again, just hike up the prices a buck or two and I don't see it being a problem.

Lawnmasters
12-12-2005, 09:55 PM
We started accepting credit cards several years ago, after a few customers asked to pay with them. I thought it wouldn't be worth it, but you have people that when they are looking at your estimate for 4 or 5 K for a landscape project, see your logo, we accept credit cards, then say, what the hell, go for it. I never would have thought it. I had a customer pay for $40,000 in landscaping this year. Have a little old lady down the road from our office, pays for everything with credit card, 5.00 or 5K. People use the points to get free trips everywhere.
Short answer, yes, you'll get more business.
Greg Pierce, CTP

Mueller Landscape Inc
12-12-2005, 10:45 PM
We have used CC exclusively for several years now. All service business is done through the customer"s CC the same day the service is performed. Money is deposited daily and the cost is minimal. Have no problems with non-payers.

dsmrolla06
12-13-2005, 06:45 AM
You could look at the fees as advertisement cost...

The Turfinator
12-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Thank you for all the great imput, I am going to set this up so my customers can pre pay via check or credit card for the '06 season.

Dave

www.turfpridelawncare.com