PDA

View Full Version : Finding Employees or Part-Time Help

cwlawley
12-13-2005, 01:45 AM
I was wondering where some of you find people to work with you. I was solo last year since I was part-time but this year I am going to have to find some help...most likely a part-time helper.

I wanted to stay away from putting it in the newspaper if at all possible. Is this the best option though.

Thanks in advance.

POPO4995
12-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I was kinda wondering the same thing. I'm not going to work 2 full time and 1 part time job this year again like last year.:dizzy: :dizzy:

ed2hess
12-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Every body on TV keeps saying there are plenty of workers.......I also wonder where are they???? We applied for H2B and got workers from Mexico, it is expensive just to get one but go over to the employment forum and send note to Drake for cost.

cwlawley
12-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Thats true...everyone says there are plenty of workers but I ain't seeing them.

Anyone else have a clue?

Mr.Mow-It-All
12-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Well I will be doing the same thing this spring. I though about going to the temp agancies and go from there. My uncle is a land developer and I will probnably be able to get some help from him as I will be new to the area. (moving feb 1 and start mowing. Have Faith!!)

cwlawley
12-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I tried the temp service. I figured I would get someone looking for a full-time job and hire them. Problem was the cheapest temp agency is 14.50/hr and I received three helpers - (2) had recently been paroled for armed robbery...(I was told they robbed the "drug man" and the other didn't speak.

I don't know what I am going to do yet.

mtdman
12-14-2005, 02:46 AM
I put an ad in the paper last year for part time and I had people beating down my door nonstop for the week it was in there. The key is in weeding out the losers.

rodfather
12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
My employees are the ones who find us new people. Also my equipment dealer.

SouthJerseyLawns
12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Try help wanted posters, but the key is getting them where our type of workers can see them. Laundromats are a good place to start.

Greenbrier
12-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Go to the local employment(State) agency and post a free ad. State that you opertate a drug and alcohal free work environment, and that back ground checks are required. That may weed out most of your loosers right off the bat.

Coop

Martee
12-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Our local Employment agency here has something called Labor Ready which is like a temp agency would have but cheaper. You might check there, here the going rate is like 10 an hour or less, then you can decide to hire them if you want or send them back after a days work. There are no strings attached to you keeping them for even an hour. We have used them for help on big cleanups and such. Some are real losers but others are people looking for a full time job just doing what they have to do for money.