PDA

View Full Version : dingo?

crash22201
04-01-2001, 02:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of those toro dingos. just curios on how they perform. productivity?

kutnkru
04-01-2001, 02:41 PM
I used one for an irrigation installastion in NC. The machine worked pretty good digging thru the sand. Its a neat gizmo but is priced way out of its league for its capabilities IMHO.

I think that we would be much better suited with a skid steer and ditch witch for trenching.

Good Luck this season!
Kris

mdb landscaping
04-01-2001, 04:18 PM
its not too much cheaper than a bobcat. most people who tried them say they work good, but its just as easy to jump up to a skidsteer.

Lanelle
04-01-2001, 04:56 PM
We've found our Ramrod to be useful for areas of limited access. Works well for carrying pavers into a backyard. Also there are several threads about Dingos aready here. Just use the Search feature.

steveair
04-01-2001, 05:24 PM
Hello,

Dingos are really a 'extra laborer' on the job.

If you are a small operation, like myself, I find it to be the best back saver you can have. Instead of pushing a wheelbarrel, you dingo in. Works great for stone, topsoil, etc. Also, great for plant material that you would need a tree cart for.

The nice thing about it is you can bring it to a job along with the rest of your tools. I am running a setup this year that consists of a a 3/4 ton pickup, a 10k dump trailer, and a 14 ft enclosed. You can pull up to a job with the machine, all your tools, and a empty pickup for loading into. A efficient system for smaller jobs.

If you are doing a lot of 'umph' work, its great to be able to jump on it and move a yard of topsoil instead of wheelbarreling. It truelly is like having two extra laborers on the job, and it doesn't call you in the morning saying its sick.

steveair

BIG D
04-03-2001, 09:23 PM
I like both machines but I can say the Ram Rod performs much better. It lifts 300lbs. more. The bucket self levels. The vibrating plow on the dingo is like riding a bull, but the Ram Rod plow will turn as the machine turns. Lots more to list. Its cheaper, looks cheaper,but the looks are decieving. The dingos contols are nicer. I feel though you arent buying it too look nice but to perform better.

neighborguy
04-06-2001, 07:33 PM
I have used one a number of times and have found that it can be useful if you don't overload it. If you are a smaller person you may have a harder time counter balancing a heavier load. It does only hold about a wheel barrow worth of material but if you are the only one that is on the site it does make a good coworker.

williamslawn
04-07-2001, 10:09 PM
http://www.power-trac.com/seri400.htm

Check out the produt from the web site listed above. I saw one in
Charlotte, NC Looks really great. I will be purchasing one this year.

landscaper3
04-07-2001, 11:16 PM
If your using them in tight places like around pools or buildings there great for that they also have a sprikler impliment for the Dingos making it one of the best sprinker installers out there but when you get out in the open the skidsteers will run circles around it so its all in the useage!!!!

BIG D
04-09-2001, 07:24 PM
Williams lawn, If you are looking for a product like the power trac. I would try the steiner. It has a lot more attachments to put on it. If you havent heard of it go to http://www.steinerturf.com/. If you have steep hills this thing is awesome.