PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Putting Greens

SprinklerGuy
12-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I have been considering putting greens for awhile now...those that do not know me.....some background....I am an irrigation guy and have been for a looong time. Just sold my company in AZ this past summer and have lived in Colorado now for 4 years almost....this past summer was my first foray into irrigating in a winter climate....and now I have too much time on my hands. Have been helping buddies w/ their home contracting companies..some solar installs....and just built a cedar fence, but money is running out and I am desperate to find a way to make a living......just like old times! (haven't struggled in 10 years....not sure how to handle myself)

Anyway my point...putting greens appear to be a novelty and I am concerned about how they "age". I am also concerned because during my research phase I have come across many companies that say their turf is the "best"....that was to be expected I suppose, but boy am I sick of the friggin run around. Most of the companies want a huge franchise fee..the one company that doesn't want a franchise fee...allprogreens.com....has been very helpful, but I'm concerned about making the right decision on the type of turf I install. As with most of you guys, I like my jobs to go smoothly and I like my clients to be happy, for more than just the first year. If I do this, I want these greens to last longer than a couple of years.

Any of you out there do these on a regular basis? I would like to hear from somebody that hasn't been sent to me by one of the putting green companies to get an unbiased opinion.

Thanks in advance.

YardPro
12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
i am also interested in the idea.... any input from anyone??????