PDA

View Full Version : A Question for some Pro's"

nocutting
12-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi, Guys........Do you guys use discriptive service contracts?.......The other day I go to 1 of my properties, in a very nice gated community.........Well frankly it reminded me of that little wild west town w/ the tumble weeds rollin by?:cry: ....to top it off the mailbox, was destroyed [ it was a fancy wooden job, now in multiply pices layin in the road]..........To put it short I had a "Horticultural melt-Down".........I looked at the other properties within eye shot?.........Why was mine such a mess, matted down leaves, in all the beds, big stretch of leaves accross the front porch/ & circular drive?.......Even the curb strip had clumps?.........Our Landscaper does some of the other properties that I could see accross the road?..........I called the "GC" [ general contractor]- not avalible,..........I called the clients Winter Home, got the Nanny, who than called the client, who called me!!!!!!..............."We're all paid by an accounting company in California" [ the client then called the account, to have the past 3yrs of service statments of the landscaper faxed to me]..........basically it says- 1.sp clean-up........2.wkly maintance........3. trim / shape.....ect?.....after a discussion with the accountant we decided she'll call him and try to get a full item by item discription on the services he provides?..................So how do You Guys do It?.....thanks for alittle comfort......

impactlandscaping
12-15-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm not quite sure what you were there to do, exactly:confused: Had you not been to the property in a while, or is it a new account? Please explain a little more in detail..

nocutting
12-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm not quite sure what you were there to do, exactly:confused: Had you not been to the property in a while, or is it a new account? Please explain a little more in detail..
Hi, i do the fert and squirt and the floral [ perennials / annuals], and natural hand pruneing........he does weekly maintance, clean-ups and trim / shapes of hedges and snow plowing.........what seems to be the problem is the client is only at the house from late june- early sept......but she has a full service contract...........its just like if I come and the pool is crapy / leaves?, I let the client or General contractor know something isnt working, so its ready for there arrival.............when i was in maintace, we power edged once per month, weather it needed it or not? [ if nothing more than crisp the edges].....the tree rings have moss in them, dont ever remember seeing a fresh edge there in 3 yrs?....so all in all, now everything looked like crap!!!!!!!!!!!! [ but the landscaper has other clients accross the street, but they live there year round?]...So what gives?................:gunsfirin

impactlandscaping
12-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Maybe the client no longer has a full service agreement with them, or they are just trying to do the absolute minimum to comply with the agreement, and maybe they are going to come and knock everything back into order over a day or two. Really, just do what you do, and let it go. If the homeowner doesn't care about it, why should you? As long as the check is in the box each month.JMO..