PDA

View Full Version : Techo-Bloc Product Showcase

Dreams To Designs
12-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Does anyone plan on attending any of these seminars? I understand they will be presenting 14 showcases in 8 states.Looks like a worthwhile luncheon presentation with food, a $100 Techo-Bloc Gift Certificate, the contractor kit ($300?) and chances to win more prizes. They are charging $50 for the first company attendee and $25 additional for others from that same company. They will also be introducing a new program for qualified contractors called Techo Pro as a professional advantage program. The information and registration form is on their site at; http://techo-bloc.com/pro/

If you have ever used Techo, this looks like a really good thing, and if you haven't, maybe you should check it out. With 4 showcases in NJ and one not 15 miles away, I will be attending to see what they have to say and getting a bunch of FREE stuff along with lunch.

Kirk

Drafto
12-16-2005, 04:19 PM
I will be attending the King of Prussia one in PA. I agree with you on the product. But I have to admit they are a step behind Ep Henry when it comes to assisting the contractors with advertising and pushing the product. I am very excited about what they are doing, and I would love for them to help us with marketing.

Dan

Dreams To Designs
12-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Dan, your right, EP Henry is the #1 name around here, unfortunately their product doesn't always live up to the marketing.

I think Techo will get the contractor's support if they support the contractor, and that's what I'm hoping the product showcase and Techo Pro program are the start of. What of their products do you use?

Kirk

mrusk
12-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm going to the one of Feb 7th I think. I mean what else is there to do in the middle of feb?

Dreams To Designs
12-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Looks like they are going to be giving some good stuff away, and you had to eat lunch anyway. The following week is the MAHTS in Atlantic City. I'm sure you'll find a way to make some time & to head to Atlantic City for a couple of days, as long as it's not snowing.

Kirk

Drafto
12-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Kirk,

I use mostly Elena, and Hera. Nice products, great, great, great dealer support. I couldn't agree more with what you are saying about the EP Henry products as far as living up to expectations. I have to say, when I go on an estimate it is never b/c a customer wants a Techo product. If they have no idea, I can sell them Techo b/c I know they will go to my dealer and they can see the product, and my dealer will sell my services. If they ask for an EP Henry product? I can almost never sell them Techo.

I have some high hopes about Techo's new program. I spoke with the local rep a few months back b/c I wanted to put the Techo Logo on my trailer and stuff. He emailed it to me no problem and through email I expressed some of my concerns about the ability to sell, and represent Techo. There are some other companys that offer you a web page and will host it, will do direct mailings for you, will send you and guarantee you referrals........I hope this new program is what I am hoping it is.

I mean, when it comes to YOUR advertising dollars, and lets be honest here, if you were direct mailing and you wanted to advertise your work and a product name, would you put EP Henry or Techo?

Dan

Dreams To Designs
12-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Dan, you are absolutely correct. Up till now, EP Henry has been the biggest name and supporter of our industry locally. I believe this new program with Techo will be the start of something better. As you are aware with Techo, quality is not an issue, and now it looks like they are willing to step up and support the installers, hopefully with marketing and technical issues. That's why I'm going to the Showcase, to see what they can do for me and the installers that want to use their product.

Kirk