PDA

View Full Version : I bought a truck!

TClawn
12-19-2005, 03:07 PM
'95 f150. 115,000 miles. auto tranny. $2300

the body is in exellent condition, and it is very clean. I know about the ford auto trannys having problems about this time, but it was used as a residential vehicle by this guy, and was not used for hauling.

the reason it was that cheap (the comparable truck here would go for $4000, remember, everything in hawaii is more expensive).
1. it has a small engine knock (sounds like a lifter) it goes away at times, but then comes back, it might just be low oil. why I didn't check that, I do not know :mad:.
2. it has twin tanks, and one of the fuel gauges on one of the tanks does not work. that I will get fixed immediatly.

I will post pics tonight when the truck is delivered.

mcwlandscaping
12-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Awsome chris, youll be prepared for when you can drive!!

TClawn
12-19-2005, 04:16 PM
well, I bought it mainly so that my mom could use it. we only have one truck, that is a 3 seater, so I figured it would be nice for her to have a car to drive, and this truck came along. so I figured why not. I can drive it witha permit, but not really for my business yet.

jmurphy
12-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Awesome!!!

RedWingsDet
12-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Good luck, I had a 94 f150. It was the worst. Went through 3 trannys in less than 6 months. Rear end went out, all sorts of crap. And it had the same amount of miles as yours....

When I bought it the guy made it seem like it was only him that drove it to and from work, but the day after I got it the rear main went out.

So good luck with it, hopefully it'll treat you good and you wont have problems with it.

rohdek
12-19-2005, 04:26 PM
'95 f150. 115,000 miles. auto tranny. $2300

the body is in exellent condition, and it is very clean. I know about the ford auto trannys having problems about this time, but it was used as a residential vehicle by this guy, and was not used for hauling.

the reason it was that cheap (the comparable truck here would go for $4000, remember, everything in hawaii is more expensive).
1. it has a small engine knock (sounds like a lifter) it goes away at times, but then comes back, it might just be low oil. why I didn't check that, I do not know :mad:.
2. it has twin tanks, and one of the fuel gauges on one of the tanks does not work. that I will get fixed immediatly.

I will post pics tonight when the truck is delivered.

What tranny/motor/rear end does it have?

lqmustang
12-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Congrats on the truck. Does the '95 have the triton engine(4.6 or 5.4)? If so, check the spark plugs to be sure they are tight. I had a little tapping noise right before I blew the spark plug out the hole.

TClawn
12-19-2005, 05:49 PM
right, I am planning on new plugs, oil change, a general tune up, etc.

TClawn
12-20-2005, 02:21 PM
pics...............