PDA

View Full Version : Got first issue yesturday and........

mcwlandscaping
12-20-2005, 06:38 PM
wow its awsome, yes lots of ads, but i reallly like those, seeing all those products in there, its great. I read it at school whenever i possibly can. Thanks TURF for such an awsome magazine

LawnScenes
12-20-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't want to high jack your thread or anything... But...

I got my first issue today. Really enjoyed it. Even the advertisements. Thanks for offering it. And thanks Sean for this site. Too bad it's taken me 2 years to find both.

mcwlandscaping
12-20-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't want to high jack your thread or anything... But...

I got my first issue today. Really enjoyed it. Even the advertisements. Thanks for offering it. And thanks Sean for this site. Too bad it's taken me 2 years to find both.
No problem there LawnScenes, thats what its here for

tiedeman
12-23-2005, 12:40 AM
I too get Turf and I feel that the ads are horrible. Sure ads are what pays for the magazine, but it is just too much. There might just be one or two descent articles in the entire magazine, but other than that I wish there was more meat to it.

Sure, you can say, "what are you complaining about its free", but I am just giving my 2 cents worth here. Nothing wrong with helping out the magazine with some friendly ideas.

daveintoledo
12-23-2005, 10:19 AM
i think the one artical on payrll was one of the best they have done this month..

hey and did you see they quoted boby gedd in the lawnsite page hahahahh:dizzy:

mcwlandscaping
12-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Where is the lawnsite page??

kathyu
12-27-2005, 05:39 PM
:waving:

The Lawnsite section is Turf is called "In your own words" and is on C3 of the December issue.
Yeah, lots of ads...but at least it's all fun toys! Who knows when your mower or trimmer or whatever will bite the dust and you'll need to know where and what to replace it with. The Product Guide section each month keeps you up to date on new stuff.....and who doesn't want new stuff??

Thanks for the input guys! I'll pass along the info to the editors! Have a safe and happy New Year.

Kathy

DUSTYCEDAR
12-27-2005, 06:20 PM
i like the adds keeps me up to date on new stuff
and its free
plus its regionally specific which is great

tiedeman
01-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I do admit, having it regionally specific is a great idea

dcondon
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
wow its awsome, yes lots of ads, but i reallly like those, seeing all those products in there, its great. I read it at school whenever i possibly can. Thanks TURF for such an awsome magazine

I second that!!!!!!!! Very nice magazine and lots of info!!!! THANKS:)

garydale
01-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Great magazine.

Do wish "Turf" and related industry magazines could stop the blasted constant renewal forms.

I believe every issue has renewal cover sheet or other renewal notice.

There, I feel better.

justinslawncare
01-19-2006, 11:44 AM
i am new to this forum. i am not sure how many on here get the Lawn & Landscape mag but i think it is really good and every year they put out a State of the Industry report which is nice too.

bobbygedd
01-25-2006, 08:26 PM
i think the one artical on payrll was one of the best they have done this month..

hey and did you see they quoted boby gedd in the lawnsite page hahahahh:dizzy:
i'm in more than 75% of the issues. SOMEBODY, obviously recognizes my talent.

alwaysgreener
02-07-2006, 07:22 AM
In the BS section...:p