PDA

View Full Version : Tranny went out for the 3rd time in 2 weeks!!! what do i do now

kandklandscape
12-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Make a long story short, orig tranny had 180k on it, no big deal, understood why it went bad.... got it rebuilt $2500... had it buffed up for plowing..... went out for a test drive, make sure it was all good, bam it was bad 15 min after i got it done...

2 had got a used tranny, figured id have the one that was rebuilt (orig) one and then went ahead and had it rebuilt..... welllllll the used one went bad last night?

3 need a new tranny, need our rebuilt one back

out of money now..... need truck to plow?! so what is there to do now?
already tried to get a new truck, NO to much credit out on the business. and personal...

also, truck is a 95 dodge ran 1500 360 motor 4x4 of course...

the orig problem was the tranny check valve..... had it replaced. it smelt like sewage, (seriously) now it smells a lil burnt?

rev works fine, d 2 1 just go vrooooommmm

what could the problem be? i know almost everyone had a dodge before?!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis Followell
12-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Who ever rebuilt your original transmission that went out in 15 minutes should fix it for free because its obvious they didn't do something right.

South Florida Lawns
12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I love how tranny shops tell you they "beef it up for plowing or racing" thats some great bs they give you. All I can say is good luck.

Lawn Masters
12-21-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd be having the shop rebuild the original for free cause they screwed it up, and then find someone else to work on my tranny.

lawnmaniac883
12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Either they didnt fully tighten down on the bands or overfilled the tranny? Id be sitting on their doorstep in the morning raising hell.

Dirty Water
12-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Same shop rebuilt both trannys?

Get a complete refund, take both cores, and go to another shop.

procut
12-21-2005, 10:48 PM
WTF it only lasted 15 minutes? I'm confused. You got it rebuilt, it lasted 15 minutes, so you put a used tranny in it. Didn't that shop offer any type of warrenty?

P & L Turf
12-21-2005, 10:52 PM
While I was looking for a new or new used truck I'd have that trany shop rebuild it for free, try to run it for a little while and then sell it. Cause from here on out it will be nothing but problems. Try to save yourself the headache and try to get rid of it. Every truck that I've had and this happened to me was the same situation. Now I've learned to just get rid of it as soon as I can. If you can't do that then try to bear with it and good luck. I feel your pain nobody does good trans work anymore, but it is tough on a trany when you plow with it. This day in age these trucks should be built to handle this type of abuse.:drinkup:

TURF DOCTOR
12-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Jeeez what happened it went out in 15 min and you bought a used 1.

rob1325
12-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Make sure they blow out coolers or put new ones in. They may be clogged and fluid may not be flowing right.

janb
12-22-2005, 03:27 AM
Make a long story short, .... got it rebuilt $2500... had it buffed up for plowing..... went out for a test drive, make sure it was all good, bam it was bad 15 min after i got it done......

what could the problem be? i know almost everyone had a dodge before?!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

be sure your tranny shop is "a member in good standing with the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association." (ATRA) they will usually warrantee each members work, and it allows you to change shops if you've have problems like you mention. The original shop OBVIOUSLY made an error, so... they should fix it for free (and if they are really a trans shop they will recognize that and accomidate you as a customer (i.e. drop everything to make you happy, especially since you are in business with this rig.) Your truck should be fine for medium duty work, and with a few improvements, should be commercially dependable. I know it is a PITA, but... purposely took this to a shop with the expectation they would fix it, and stand behind their work, be reasonable, but firm, and get this thing back on the road. I will venture to guess it was just a simple mistake on their part, and not a perpetual expected problem. If that is the issue... (usually only if the case is tweeked, I've seen that with abuse / crash) then have them pop in a replacement, rather than rebuild from your core. Again, a real tranny shop will suggest that, as they don't make any money on returns.

Scag48
12-22-2005, 03:35 AM
Most tranny shops give a warranty on the work. We got 1 year warranty when we had the tranny redone on an old '82 GMC 1500 redone. If I were you, I'd demand a refund, obviously they screwed something up.