PDA

View Full Version : Buying truck-need advice

DixieFerris
12-23-2005, 11:02 AM
We have located a Chevy Kodiak 4500 Diesel dump truck (6 yard box on it already), brand new dually fully loaded inside and out with 2 toolboxes built under the dump body too...they are asking $39,500 under the 'Chevy Red Tag event' and we are looking to spend some money (don't have to though) before year end. What do you guys think about this price and what this truck could do for us? it will be towing a 20ft open landscape trailer and 3 mowers, and doing a lot of mulch and stone this year, no plowing.

lawnjockey51
12-23-2005, 12:00 PM
That sounds pretty good to me. I bought my Ford F250 Diesel back in june and paid 41k and it's not a dually or a dump truck. But I do love my Ford.

DixieFerris
12-23-2005, 12:02 PM
we are definitely on the Chevy side of the old debate fence when it comes to what brand, really won't even consider a ford to be honest. This truck seems like a beast, hopefully some other folks know more, thanks for the update

FANS
12-23-2005, 01:14 PM
have been very popular in this area. You should try looking in www.truckpaper.com under the medium duty/dump truck listings to see what's comparable in your area. You can search under the "detailed search" feature.

Interesting that the dealer is saying there's "Red Tag" money involved since I don't think GM is applying the "Red Tag Special" to the mediums. However, at that price out the door it seems good compared to what I've been seeing lately.

Depending on the power plant (run the numbers on gas vs. diesel and your useage) I wouldn't hesitate to get one, if I needed that size truck. I like the fact it's more of a smaller medium truck than a beefed up pickup. Some don't, I do. You might want to look into a dumping flatbed instead, but if this one is waiting for you to throw your money at it get what you want.