PDA

View Full Version : Gehl Compact Utility Loader AL20DX

superbee
12-25-2005, 08:05 AM
I am looking at compact utility loaders and have gotten some info. on the Gehl AL20DX loader. I don't know of anybody around here using one and the local dealer told me they haven't sold any here yet. Anybody have any experience with this piece of equipment? Also, any thoughts on compact utility loaders in general such as how well they work, what brands are good, etc.? Thanks.

Squizzy246B
12-25-2005, 08:50 AM
I see one on E-bay, 2000 model sold for $9,7K US and another for $13,5K at machinery trader. Some impressive specs but ROC is poor compared to a skid of the same operating weight. Kubota engine is a know solid performer. If you are set on articulated instead of skid, then Gehl is respected just so long as you can get parts and service, which is the problem down at this end of the world. Make sure your dealer has a solid history and is not a "mudguard" (shiny on top but full of sh*t underneath).

I'll be the first to admit that I have said on numerous occaisions:

"there is a lot of our skid work that would be more neatly and efficiently carried out with a compact wheel loader"

BMFD92
12-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I have been looking at that machine too for next year. I think that the articulated machine would do less damage on lawns then a skid steer. I just can't find a dealer around here.

DerikL
12-28-2005, 08:59 AM
They seem to be nice machines, I'm trying to choose between a mini skid steer and compact tractor, But more possible options keep coming up.