PDA

View Full Version : 6x12 Trailer w/24in sides and side gate? Can I Get It?

DSLND
12-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey Guys,

I would really like a new trailer. Heres the thing i cant go too big because my dad is pulling me around with a Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 so it cant handle too much. Next season i will be running a Toro Z150 2 21in mowers and a craftsman w/bag for leaves and bigger yards for second man. I would like to put high sides on my 5x10 trailer for leaves but i've had many things fall off the trailer due to sides. I would like a 24in solid sides and a side gate. I have neaver seen a trailer with both but would think there would be some brand of one.What about the racks? will the have to be mounted to the floor? The Blower holder (not backpack) will be sitting pretty high? Im in the Peoria/Bloomington area and woundnt like to travel to far for a trailer. Does anybody run a high sided trailer if so can i see pics of racks? Thanx!

5x10 Carry On Trailer w/racks
Craftsman 22.5hp 50in deck w/plow,weights,and chains
(parents but get to start using it in 06) Toro Z150 52in deck 20hp Kohler
6.5hp Craftsman Bagger Mower
STIHL FS55RC Trimmer
STIHL BG55 Blower
STIHL FS44 Edger

Toro,STIHL,Chevy,and Carry On
Can I Say Anymore?:waving:

Roger
12-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Your post isn't clear. The title says 6X12, but you mention 5X10 in two places in the post. Do you have a 5X10 now and want to change to a 6X12?

I have a 5X10 as a debris trailer, a 6X12 as an equipment trailer. The 5X10 is a Viking, with 5.80X12 tires. It is a flatbed with stake holes. Therefore, the sides can be any height, and you can make a side gate at any point.

My 6X12 is a single axle, 3,500# weight class. The trailer is rated at 2,990# GVWR so that it can be registered as a "less than 3,000# GVWR."

I don't recall seeing a 6X12 without side channels (angle iron, or pipe) about 12" off the deck, along with a rear endgate. I think I've seen an aluminum one (Triton?) with a flatbed, or close to a flatbed, but I've been told they will not hold up well under daily use with mowing equipment.

Another choice is an equipment trailer, perhaps 6X16 intended for heavier equipment. My neighbor has one, tandem axle, 10,000# GVWR. It is flatbed, with stake pockets so a side gate, sides on any height could be built. It is much more trailer than you need for your current equipment. Also, these trailers typically have wheel ramps off the back, rather than ramp endgates.

Do some searches to see what manufacturers in your area are building.

DSLND
12-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Hey Great Info,

Sorry for the confusion. Right now i own a 5x10 and am looking into a 6x12 later in the future. I got on carry on which is the type of trailer i own right now and there is a dealer aboout 30 miles away so getting it is no big deal. I Looked at the 6x12 with rear and side gate for like $1399 at TSC and the same at my dealer. Thanks For the reply! Anybody got any feedback on the carry on 6x12 w/side gate?

5x10 Carry On Trailer w/racks
Craftsman 22.5hp 50in deck w/plow,weights,and chains
(parents but get to start using it in 06) Toro Z150 52in deck 20hp Kohler
6.5hp Craftsman Bagger Mower
STIHL FS55RC Trimmer
STIHL BG55 Blower
STIHL FS44 Edger

Toro,STIHL,Chevy,and Carry On
Can I Say Anymore?

meets1
02-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey - I have a 44 T-bar ProLine for sale. jvm81@earthlink.net

I couldn't PM you, it never worked.

Thanks.

DSLND
02-04-2006, 06:43 PM
I Got ur email. I looked and would like to have a 36in. I got ur email and the machine sounded great but i cant afford it right now..

fivestarlawnken
02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
look around before buying at TSC........look a little questionable in quality and strength.just my opinion