PDA

View Full Version : PRICING FOR CLEAN-UPS ETC.

TRACY
04-03-2001, 07:45 PM
I have been Mowing lawns starting my 10th year. Mainly just a few Apartment Complex's . Only because I work a full time job. To make it short, the apartments have been sold. I now have 40 signed contracts for residenial lawns and we still have snow on the ground. My question is, " What do I charge for SPRING CLEAN-UP'S " . I charge $45.00 an ACRE to mow . Get this Price all day long for cutting. Now REGARDLESS of what your clean -up involves does $35.00 per man / per hour sound OK ? I have a Dump Truck, Powerbrooms I don't have yet. But I do have just about everything else.
Please help me guy's. Thanks Tracy

kutnkru
04-03-2001, 07:55 PM
I think that $35/man hr is reasonable for your market.

Mow-N-Go LCO
Kris

dhicks
04-03-2001, 08:33 PM
He-ll, I'd work all day and 7 days a week for $35.00 per hour. I guess it would depend on the neighborhood. For example, some of my customers have 1/2 millon dollar homes while others are in the 100K areana. I guess you stands where you sits.

ronslawncare
04-03-2001, 08:47 PM
i charge 50.00 hour but im solo

dmk395
04-03-2001, 09:22 PM
Sounds good to me, but get a nice backpack blower, and possibly a truck loader if u need to haul alot of leaves away.

Stinger
04-03-2001, 11:43 PM
As long as you know the hourly cost of running your operation, that's what counts!

David Gretzmier
04-04-2001, 12:20 AM
we do 35/hour on cleanup, but try to get more if it is me or one of the partners. we only bill for time on the job. Dave g

hustlers
04-05-2001, 02:29 PM
I use my hustler shortcut and mulch everything to dust
and don't haul any leaves unless i have too. I usually
get about 30-40 a man hour if we got good weather.
we take a push blower and spread all the leaves and it looks
like we bagged it. we have lots of leaves and needles up
here in MN.

Jim White
04-05-2001, 03:50 PM
Tracy, I as well still have snow on the ground, but I think within the next few weeks I'll be able to start. I'm a one man show with ALL the tools of the trade to make life easy. for me. I estimate spring-clean-ups at $60-70 an hour depending on the situation, and nobody's complaining (maybe I should go higher) Having the right tools will help you set your rate. Look at it this way. If you had to rake a yard by hand it might take you 4 hours @ $35 would be $140. If you have ZTR with a collection system and a JRCO rake or rotary broom on the front you could probably do the same yard in less than an hour and charge $70.00(or a bit more) Both will satisfy the customer in workmanship, but the customer will be much happier paying half the amount.